Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2010 gls awd model i was wondering if there was anyway to make the doors lock automatically after 30-60seconds when you get out of the car, just in case you forget to lock the doors, i don't see any options to adjust it thanks.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Manufactures would not add that feature standard due to the chance of people exiting the vehicle to lets say pump fuel and getting locked out. As MikDee stated you can add an aftermarket alarm that can passively lock the doors.

·
Registered
838 Posts
Usually alarms have settings on them to possibly do this feature. The ironic part of all this, on occasion I have locked, & armed the Tucson, then awhile later I unlocked it, went back in to retrieve an item, then left it unlocked to go back a little while later to leave where I'm at and found it locked by itself?

I find there are conditons that cause this to happen but I haven't figured out what they are yet? Because of this odd feature, when I first bought the Tucson I left it unlocked all the time figuring it had automatic arming, only to be hit by vandals one night who stole my registration, & insurance card as revenge after a dispute we had. To my horror, I found this out by surprise when I went to get the car inspected, because I bought it new in NJ, and it needed a PA inspection immediately. Needless to say, I had to get duplicates. In summation this feature is on the Tucson already, the question is can it be set to do this all the time?

I know that feeling of being locked out without the keys :eek: it happened a couple of times on my old 88' Monte Carlo SS with the excalibur alarm, and I needed a "slimjim" to get back in :blush: But, I'd still rather have this feature then not :thumbsup:

·
Registered
18 Posts
I think when you unlock it to remove items, it was from the boot ?

When you unlock the car and didn't open any of the passenger doors, it will relock after about 30 seconds..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts