Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

The auto-dimming rear view mirror in my 2010 Santa Fe is no longer working. The light comes on \ off as you press the button and the compass in the mirror still works. But the mirror no longer dims automatically when bright lights come from behind. Do you know of any troubleshooting steps I can complete to check \ fix it? Or should I just replace it if I want it to work?

Thanks,
Scott

·
Registered
8,183 Posts
I would disconnect it and let it sit a few minutes then reconnect before junking it.

Sometimes my compass goes crazy and that's how I fix it.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Do these mount the same way as a regular mirror. I think the plastic up to the roof is just a cord cover. Local parts stores have regular mirrors for around $20 but getting the plate to stay on never worked for me. I'm a truck driver so I'm never near my SF.

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Is it turned on? Is the little green pilot light on the bottom lit? Turn it off or remove the fuse for the mirror for a few minutes, then put everything back and see if it works. Also, there is a sensor on the front of the mirror that might be dirty. An old tooth brush can be used to clean this kind of sensor where dust can build up over time.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the tips. The green light is on, but the mirror continues not to function. I did not realize there was a sensor on the front, so I will clean it and pull the fuse to disconnect it for a few mins and then reconnect to see if it makes any difference.

Thanks for the tips!

·
Registered
206 Posts
There should be a sensor on both sides of the mirror. It's the white plastic looking square.

Inside of the mirror there is a positive wire and a negative wire connecting to the top and bottom of the glass itself. This is what charges the glass to dim.

The other thing that might have happened is that the two leads connecting to the glass might have come undone but you would have to take the mirror apart to find that out. You can test is out by connecting 12v to the positive and negative wires inside of the mirror.

If cleaning the sensors don't fix your issue or if you cannot take apart the mirror, the unit is most likely defective.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks for the tips. The green light is on, but the mirror continues not to function. I did not realize there was a sensor on the front, so I will clean it and pull the fuse to disconnect it for a few mins and then reconnect to see if it makes any difference.

Thanks for the tips!

Thanks for the tips!
Where is the fuse?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts