Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saw this in the owners manual. What trim or Package gets this feature? Does it work well?

Thanks.

·
Registered
785 Posts
automatic climate control package only. It's a humidity sensor that sits next to your rearview mirror. It works very well, but it's almost not necessary because the car knows when to keep the A/C or outside vents on regardless anyway. It's really more of an idiot proofing system. If I turn my A/C off manually when it's humid outside, it will turn itself back on a minute or two later. I have my auto defog system turned off because sometimes I just want the A/C to be off and stay off.

If you live in a cold climate, I want to say that it will automatically ramp up your front windshield defrosters when there's moisture on the windshield, so that could come in handy depending on where you live.

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
If you read way into the manual, any "automatic" system will kick on the air defrost for a minute or so when the weather is cold. They usually work good as they have a sensor on the dash to see if you have "solar" heat coming in and it suppose to up the air to compensate for it.

And if you saw the latest Ad for Cadillac, you can use two hands to eat while driving down a highway as their new "auto" system will steer and keep your car at the correct speed... so every "auto" system had it's faults and limitations. And yes, the TV ad shows the guy eating with two hands on the freeway ! ! !

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
automatic climate control package only. It's a humidity sensor that sits next to your rearview mirror. It works very well, but it's almost not necessary because the car knows when to keep the A/C or outside vents on regardless anyway. It's really more of an idiot proofing system. If I turn my A/C off manually when it's humid outside, it will turn itself back on a minute or two later. I have my auto defog system turned off because sometimes I just want the A/C to be off and stay off.

If you live in a cold climate, I want to say that it will automatically ramp up your front windshield defrosters when there's moisture on the windshield, so that could come in handy depending on where you live.
If you read way into the manual, any "automatic" system will kick on the air defrost for a minute or so when the weather is cold. They usually work good as they have a sensor on the dash to see if you have "solar" heat coming in and it suppose to up the air to compensate for it.

And if you saw the latest Ad for Cadillac, you can use two hands to eat while driving down a highway as their new "auto" system will steer and keep your car at the correct speed... so every "auto" system had it's faults and limitations. And yes, the TV ad shows the guy eating with two hands on the freeway ! ! !
Thanks for the replies. :wink: (and sorry for the late response)

I took delivery of my 21014 and it indeed does have this feature (Limited model w/ Tech Package). I finally was able to read the manual and it works pretty well. I have seen it kick in one time and it worked.

So far so good.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts