Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
in manual page#144 there is a page about Auto defogging system. did any one observed this feature in 2.0T (i have USA model)

Thanks.

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Without looking up in manual, std practice for a bunch of auto maker over a number of year now has been to turn on the A/C when front window defrost mode select to use A/C evaporator to dry the air in the HVAC system which in turn dry the moisture/foggy condensate off the window.. use temp control to get desired air temp.

·
Registered
759 Posts
in manual page#144 there is a page about Auto defogging system. did any one observed this feature in 2.0T (i have USA model)

Thanks.
The automatic defroster system on the 2.0T is that little black "thing" stuck to your windshield beside your rea view mirror.
When it senses to much moisture build up on the INSIDE of the windshild, it will automatically turn on the front defroster feature until it senses it's gone.
If it does turn on, or stays on too long, you can just turn off the fan - and it'll stop.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
is it required to turn on "Auto Climate Control"? i generally don't turn "Auto" climate control and when ever i see fog inside i need to manually clear it.

·
Registered
759 Posts
no need to turn anything on... this auto defrosting function is seperate from the "auto climate control"... even if the system is off, and it realizes that you need it - it then turns on.

Had it happen once during the winter months when it was cold outside and the windows were fogging up....

·
Registered
4 Posts
Mine does the same thing, but at temps up to 9° C. Very annoying, I want to be able to control when the defroster comes on. Does anyone know if this function can be turned off? My dealer says no.

·
Registered
190 Posts
no need to turn anything on... this auto defrosting function is seperate from the "auto climate control"... even if the system is off, and it realizes that you need it - it then turns on.

Had it happen once during the winter months when it was cold outside and the windows were fogging up....
Yeh me too, it works really slick and is a cool feature I think!

·
Registered
759 Posts
Mine does the same thing, but at temps up to 9° C. Very annoying, I want to be able to control when the defroster comes on. Does anyone know if this function can be turned off? My dealer says no.
Other then cutting the wire to the windsheild sensor.... I don't think so. If you're getting fog on the inside that much... something is up... they only fog up when when there's a significant temp difference inside to out.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts