Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
OK, had a little trouble getting my maps updated at my 15,000k service. I was told when buying the car to take the usb stick to servicing and the maps would be updated. When I actually got there, I was told that they don't update the maps and Hyundai will send new maps to my home address. This is not what I was led to believe....even the Hyundai website states that the dealer updates the maps.

Anywho, I've dug around a bit and have found out that we can update our maps at home. I have just downloaded the latest maps for free (Q3,2012).

1) Goto Hyundai.naviextras.com and create an account.
2) download the Naviextras toolbox software (windows only)
3) login to your account from the toolbox software.
4) take your USB stick that you got with your Santa Fe and head to your car.
5) start car and insert the USB stick. Ignore the "Empty Media" alert and it will go away.
6) Go to the sat nav screen and select updates and extras. It will then backup your current maps (mine were Q3, 2011).
7) Insert this USB stick into your PC and Naviextras toolbox will check it.
8) It should state that there is a free update available and start downloading it:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
9) Click the "Update" button which will then copy the new maps to your USB
10) Take your USB to the car, install it and go to the updates menu option and click update.
11) The new maps will copy across

·
Registered
69 Posts
That's weird!

Followed your instructions to the letter, it downloaded the Q3 2012 update, ran it in the car and it said updated and remove USB.

When i went into the settings it says my map version is still Q3 2011 :eek:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi guys,
I'm going to try this as well over the weekend as well and I'll keep you informed.
Not trying to hijack his thread but I've got a question regarding the nav/sat/radio unit and I'm curious to see if you guys have experienced this (I actually started another thread regarding this but I wanted to ask a couple of Aussies).
When I connect to the USB outlet with my iPhone 5, it connects like it should and behaves as an iPod but I can't stop/pause the track that's playing without using the phone to do it. For some reason the display on the radio only shows forward/back.
It's annoying the **** out of me at the moment.

Also have you managed to get album art to show?

Thanks

·
Registered
69 Posts
Hi guys,
I'm going to try this as well over the weekend as well and I'll keep you informed.
Not trying to hijack his thread but I've got a question regarding the nav/sat/radio unit and I'm curious to see if you guys have experienced this (I actually started another thread regarding this but I wanted to ask a couple of Aussies).
When I connect to the USB outlet with my iPhone 5, it connects like it should and behaves as an iPod but I can't stop/pause the track that's playing without using the phone to do it. For some reason the display on the radio only shows forward/back.
It's annoying the **** out of me at the moment.

Also have you managed to get album art to show?

Thanks
Sounds like even though the cable is connected your music is streaming via bluetooth, does it say iPod on the top left corner of the screen while doing this?

You could try resetting your unit by pushing in the little button on the righthand side of where you put the discs in with a pen, that might work

Oh and no album art but check my post on the album art thread for video playback

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That's weird!

Followed your instructions to the letter, it downloaded the Q3 2012 update, ran it in the car and it said updated and remove USB.

When i went into the settings it says my map version is still Q3 2011 :eek:
I noticed this too but when you go into the "About" page and select "Licences" it shows the Q3,2012.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Nah! Figured not. I can dream can't I? No doubt the firmware fix is still undergoing exhaustive testing by Hyundai's strict QA/QC department - despite more recent purchasers of Santa Fe's getting a SatNav with Traffic that works!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey People,

Does this update process still work?
Couldn't make it happen last night.
I'll confess, stuffing around half asleep at 2am doesn't give you the best chance.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Hey People,

Does this update process still work?
Couldn't make it happen last night.
I'll confess, stuffing around half asleep at 2am doesn't give you the best chance.
I think I read somewhere last week that map updates can only be done through the dealership now.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts