Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Aussie 2012 IX35 highlander has had intermittent problems with reversing park sensors, symptoms are many beeps when put in reverse ie 4 x 1 beep, followed by 4 x 2 beeps, followed by 4 x 3 beeps and lastly 4 x 4 beeps then nothing. I located the waterproof plug in the rear bumper are that feeds the whole thing - unplugged it and got exactly the same beeps. I am thinking fault somewhere in the wiring to the sensors. Anyone got a schematic of the wiring and or how to test it? I see one member here may have some info.

Cheers

Barry

·
Banned
7,039 Posts
Thanks for your reply.

How can I tell which sensor is faulty?

Do I have to replace all of them?
Should have said to test and replace. Do you know how to test them?
A dvom is all you really need.
Here's a video on how they work.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Should have said to test and replace. Do you know how to test them?

No idea!

I have seen a couple of videos in youtube about testing other sensors.
I don't know what the pin out is for these sensors.
And in my bumper some sensors have 4 connectors and some have 3 connectors.

An electric wiring diagram would help for my car would be great

If you have some more information, that would be great.

Thanks

·
Banned
7,039 Posts
No idea!

I have seen a couple of videos in youtube about testing other sensors.
I don't know what the pin out is for these sensors.
And in my bumper some sensors have 4 connectors and some have 3 connectors.

An electric wiring diagram would help for my car would be great

If you have some more information, that would be great.

Thanks
Watch the video and you should be able to understand the working without a diagram. They all detect and their sensitivity is different which is what changes the beeps you hear. If this don't make sense to you.....take it to a good repair facility or the dealer. Not a parts swapper....you can do that yourself.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Exact same sequence of beeps? Same model of vehicle?

Yes exactly the same sequence. The sequence happens regardless of the rear bumper connector being connected or not.

When I disconnected the rear bumper connector there was rust in the terminals, so I have the feeling it is related to a bad connection instead of a faulty sensor.

Bad design!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yes exactly the same sequence. The sequence happens regardless of the rear bumper connector being connected or not.

When I disconnected the rear bumper connector there was rust in the terminals, so I have the feeling it is related to a bad connection instead of a faulty sensor.

Bad design!

Since this seems to be the greatest mistery, hope these schematics for another Hyunday help people understand how sensors work. I would imagine they would be very similar for my ix35.

Attachments

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
15,324 Posts
The Hyundai park assist has a pretty good self test function and the beeps are telling you that all four sensors aren't working. Sounds like you've already found the cause.

episani said:
hope these schematics for another Hyunday help people understand how sensors work.
Why do you need schematics to understand it after watching that video? :laugh:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts