in price.. i want to know why our
Aussies Excel ( Accent ) 98 lack in
these features.. i mean Airbags are
important why all US Excel 98's have
air bags?

·
Registered
139 Posts
US/Canada requires airbags as a standard safety feature - at least for the driver. So you're not going to find an accent without it here. However, the other features you've mentioned are all optional. My accent (Canadian) didn't even come with a clock! I've only got a single air-bag, no power mirrors, no sun roof, etc.... however, they all seem to come with beer holders. What kind of car doesn't have a beer holder? Most important feature! (That and the radio!)

[Mind you - my beer holder is a thin pull out piece of plastic with 2 big holes in it under the radio... it has no bottom so if you spill it goes into the pocket in front of the shifter and makes a huge sticky mess.]

After seeing pics of some uk/aus accents, I've noticed that a lot of the interior is actually completely flipped for left side of the road models. Eg: button locations, shifter assembly, and I'm assuming the entire hvac assembly is flipped otherwise the fan would be where the steering column is. I'd guess the price difference is partly because there are more right-side accents so more available parts and more demand.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ahan here i didnt see a single accent with airbag before year 2000 or beer holder.. and im surprised because from yr 1996 to 99 accent was popular small car in australia bt no one came with airbag lol. some 98 accent gx came wit power windows and adjustable steering.. its a shame that accent here lack airbag and cup holder

1 - 4 of 4 Posts