Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!
I am installing an aftermarket "multimedia station" instead of the standard stereo on my Hyundai Azera TG 2007.
I've come so far that I have removed the standard stereo, was actually easier than I thought it would be, and when I compared the new stereo's plug against the on in the car, they don't match 100%.

The plug in the car has 2 more cables than the one from the stereo.
But instead the plug on the stereo has 2 loose cables on the side of the plug.
So my guess is that those 2 loose cables are "optionals" or something and perhaps should be connected to the 2 extra cables on the plug in the car.
But I need to know what the 2 extra in the car are for, therefore I need a wiring/color diagram for the audio plug...

I've been looking on the website w w w.hyundaitechinfo.c o m but I can't get anything to show for Audio diagram for the Azera TG, only me?

Does anyone in here know what all the cables in the stereo plug goes to? and it's color?
Or where I might find this information?

Thanks in advance!
Fredrik

·
Registered
207 Posts
what is a multimedia station?? can you tell us???

I know a lot related to the azera's sound system, so much I got ridd of everything and running all aftermarket stuff

tell us what's exactly your stock headunit, because there were different ones.

in mine, the connector had cables of 4 pairs (8 wires) of speaker wire, power wire, ground wire, accessory wire, amp remote wire, and a few wires that are for the steering buttons.

Right now I have a Pioneer double din head unit, a infinity kappa 60.9cs set in front, nothing else in the front... I'm feeding those speakers with a NVX jad800.4 (around 150w rms per speaker) and a Skar Audio IVX-15v2 in a sealed enclosure getting 400w rms from bridged channel 3 and 4 from the nvx amp.

and let me tell you, the stock "infinity" system with all those speakers, sounds like crap compared to a good set of components in front and a sub in the trunk lol

ohh I forgot, I have also a NVX XEQ7 as pre amp and eq :)

go to hmaservice, shop, (your azera), body electrical system, audio, specifications.... there you have champ! :D

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi tonino1991!
Well, with lack of better word to use I choose to call it multimedia station, since it's not just a sound sytem/unit.
It features GPS, DigitalTV reciever, 3G internet, Bluetooth, USB, Ipod connection, playback of DVD and CDs with various formats, connections for blackbox/security camera and reverse camera, proximity sensors and probably something I've forgotten...

Actually, my car is called Grandeur, but it is the same car as the Azera, but I think the sound system could be different. I don't have the infinity system, perhaps it might be possible to add it as an extra when buying the car?
I'll have a look at what exactly my headunit is and get back...

How accurate is the picture of the 24P connector under Shop, Car, Body electrical system, Audio, Audio Unit ---> Comoponents and Components location?
I mean, there are 6 empty connections, I don't remember it was that many on mine. But I'll have a look and compare...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So I checked my plug against the 24P connection picture, perhaps most is correct, but I'd really like to know what those 6 missing are, cause I have them on my plug in the car...
I can't really tell which unit is stock in my car. I am thinking th M455S, but it's just a wild guess.
How can I get this information? I am sitting with the stereo unit in my lap and the only thing I can read out of it is a modelnr: 961703L201WK

·
Registered
207 Posts
really easy, just take a look at the buttons on the headunits on the website and compare to your headunit

some have XM others don't and stuff like that.

yeah, I know it's grandeur in other markets, actually, I'm from Chile, so I have an azera that has the 3.3 v6 but stuff from the US limited and even more things.

about the infinity system.... it sucks lol, my car came with that.

I really recommend getting a 4 channel amp and get 4 new speakers (try to get components in the front, two-ways in the back) a sub and a monoblock amp to power that sub.

that's what I think will sound the best but also be cheap.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hmm starting to feel stupid, can't find any pictures... But I'm pretty sure it's the M455S, since I don't have the XM (satellite radio?). But cassette, what do they mean? It can't be for those old cassette tapes? that is stone age ffs, no one use them anymore!

Well, I've done an image showing the plug from the car and the plug from the stereo.
Can you tell which wire is for what on the plug from the car?
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/32148166/azera.wires.jpg

·
Registered
207 Posts
give me a picture of your headunit please. (the stock one)

·
Registered
207 Posts
ok, yours is 445. here's the diagram of the wires

and the blue wires on your new headunit, they are detecting parking brake and the other to detect when you select reverse...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Are the sensor for parking brake and reverse gear something that is in the Azera, or is it something that needs to be installed?

Well this picture might be almost correct, but if you look on my pictures where you can see my plug from the car, you can see that I have wires on No.8 and no wire on No.7 (but that might be Ok, since I don't have any rear arm remote control).
And I have a wire on No.22...

So what is the functions for No.8 and No.22??

·
Registered
207 Posts
Are the sensor for parking brake and reverse gear something that is in the Azera, or is it something that needs to be installed?

Well this picture might be almost correct, but if you look on my pictures where you can see my plug from the car, you can see that I have wires on No.8 and no wire on No.7 (but that might be Ok, since I don't have any rear arm remote control).
And I have a wire on No.22...

So what is the functions for No.8 and No.22??
there are no sensor, you just tap on the wires that makes your reverse lights come on and brakes lights to come on.

At least your headunit came with instructions? do you know what every wire is for on your new head unit?

for example, my pioneer headunit doesn't have a dim wire while my stock one had, does that makes a problem? not at all because my pioneer HU has a built-in dimming button.

so, instead of trying to figure out what does every wire means, you should first need to know which ones you really need and then try to find those.

now take a pictures of the conectors by the front, not the back as you did before, that way is easier to check numbers and stuff lol

·
Registered
1 Posts
Does anyone have the wiring diagram for the Infinity head unit? I, too, am installing an Pioneer after market head unit and need to know what's what. Thanks.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I hate bumping an over month old thread and probably should start my own thread, however I feel it is related enough to justify just posting here asking. I have a 2007 Hyundai Azera Limited and was wondering where else on the web I could find such a site similar to hyundaitechinfo.com that does not charge a fee to access the information within. I just cannot justify spending the $300 a year they want for the subscription to the site much less the $20 a week. I find the weekly fee almost absurd considering the site was absolutely free for quite a while. It is not because I cannot afford it or anything, it is just the principal of the matter. I already paid for several Hyundai’s, why should I pay for information pertaining to what I bought? Regardless, if there are no similar sites out there on the web, I will suck it up and just pay the $20 bucks for the week. Yeah, I did some Google searching as well, but nothing turned up that was of value such as this site.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts