Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I have ESGT without the tech pack. So I don’t have navigation or the fancy moon roof in my car. But I wanted to ask others about the cars audio system. My car seem to be lacking in the bass frequencies. I’m not looking to put a huge box with subs and an amp. However, I can hardly feel any resonance from the bass frequencies. My wife’s Tucson seems to get much better resonance than my car. Of course I can probably play with the settings, but I just figured I’d ask about others experiences. Also, do CD players no longer come in cars? Maybe I’m just getting old... thanks all for your replies.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I wonder if you can add the sub from the tech package to it? It's small so doesn't take up a lot of space and adds a reasonable amount of bass. As far as CD players, not many cars coming with them anymore. My wife and I test drove a 2018 Audi Q5 last weekend, picking it up this weekend, and I was a bit surprised to find it had a CD player. I guess maybe it's a model that caters to a bit older crowd though?

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
I wonder if you can add the sub from the tech package to it? It's small so doesn't take up a lot of space and adds a reasonable amount of bass.
If it is anything like the Sonata's, it's no small feat to just add it. requires different wiring output from the head unit, separate amp in the back along with the speaker.

·
Registered
669 Posts
You can take an LOC (Line Out Converter) to drive a subwoofer from the pirated signal going to existing speakers, which is how I added my Rockford Fosgate 300w 12" unit to my Santa Fe Sport. Preferred method is to have direct feed from the amp, but I don't see (hear) any difference.

You do have to wire directly to the battery and figure out how to get through the firewall, but it is not a problem. I just jacked mine through an existing hole under the dash.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts