Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2018 I10 Go

Im finding the Audio system a little frustrating and wondered if there is a setting that I can use to solve it

Basically when I pull over and turn off the engine the Sat Nav and the Audio system remain on until you open the door.

This is fine if you are going somewhere, but if you are sat waiting or dropping off, after about 60 seconds the radio begins to beep saying that you are draining the battery. So you open the door and close and the system turns off

Is there a way of turning the system off automatically after it gets to 60 seconds without having to open the door ?

·
Registered
37 Posts
We have exactly the same car and model. The firmware version (but not the map) of the sat nav in our car, from the factory is the latest as far as I know.

From pickup I’ve also noticed the odd nature of the screen staying on until you open the drivers door. I have to say though that I don’t recall it forcing itself off if I keep the door shut.

I can’t see any way of stopping this behaviour though. I think the warning message about the battery is an automatic one ie. it’s not actually drained your battery, but just warns it could.

I just ignore the message, don’t open the door and sit dabbling with the system. Our car hasn’t conked out yet with a flat battery!

Reactions: stocksypete

·
Registered
76 Posts
I don't think there is any way of switching the display off other than opening the drivers door, my March 17 Premium SE is the same, can't say I've found it to be much of an issue unless I stay in the car a couple of days :smile:

Tim.

·
Registered
410 Posts
You can but the display screen/sat nav remains on, until you open the door with ignition off.

Tim.
How strange, you’d think if you switched the power off to the screen it would make the whole screen dead, it does on my Qashqai?
S.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Many thanks for this. The wife had to 'call out' recovery this afternoon as the battery run down in 3 hrs in the supermarket car park. ( car less than 2 months old too )

1 - 8 of 8 Posts