Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My stereo display shows 699mb memory available.
I can't seem to figure out what this is for and if it is for audio files, how do I add the files?

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
When listening to a song from CD or USB, press MENU --> COPY, it will copy the song into memory (My Music). The "My Music" mode will be available thru the Media button to playback the songs from memory.

This is only available with latest Audio for Elantra.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Can this be done on NAVI stereos as well? Ive never noticed this feature...

·
Registered
11 Posts
ive noticed it there and found the copy etc... at first it seemed very cool then i just couldnt see why id bother...lol

i have a 4gb USB drive plugged in (that port is standard correct?).. and that was the smallest i had laying around.. i wouldnt worry about 699mb personally

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
ive noticed it there and found the copy etc... at first it seemed very cool then i just couldnt see why id bother...lol

i have a 4gb USB drive plugged in (that port is standard correct?).. and that was the smallest i had laying around.. i wouldnt worry about 699mb personally
I don't get why they don't have that USB port protected. I use a 16GB MicroSD card in a mini USB adapter and leave it plugged in so it remembers where it left off playing. Only problem is that eventually starting the car will blow out the adapter (not the MicroSD card though, thankfully). Wish they'd put some sort of voltage protection on the port as I don't really want to have to unplug the thing every time I start the car!

·
Registered
11 Posts
no kidding? has that happened to you or are you just worried about it?

i read that in the manual and figured it was hyundai covering themselves.. anything could see a voltage spike at some point.. id say i havent had any issues, but its been like... 4 days.. lol

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
no kidding? has that happened to you or are you just worried about it?

i read that in the manual and figured it was hyundai covering themselves.. anything could see a voltage spike at some point.. id say i havent had any issues, but its been like... 4 days.. lol

Yeah n4rc, I was just leaving mine plugged in all the time - it was one of those kind of freebie mini adapters that Newegg sometimes provides when you get a MicroSD card. I was leaving it plugged in for maybe a couple of weeks and then one day the USB was not recognized. I checked the MicroSD card itself on my PC and it was fine, just the adapter was hosed. I had a spare adapter and am using it, and have ordered a couple more from Newegg just in case. Makes me wonder what happens with other USB devices if you leave them plugged in all the time, too.

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
Makes me wonder what happens with other USB devices if you leave them plugged in all the time, too.
Nothing thus far in my wife's GT. It's an 8Gb Imation flash drive that's been plugged in since June. My iPod touch has been plugged in for over a year now, with no issues. Originally I had a few other flash drives I tried for a few days each with no ill results.

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
Nothing thus far in my wife's GT. It's an 8Gb Imation flash drive that's been plugged in since June. My iPod touch has been plugged in for over a year now, with no issues. Originally I had a few other flash drives I tried for a few days each with no ill results.
Cool N5S - I'm going to try with a better quality adapter, the original one was on the cheap side, maybe $3-5 retail and probably less than $1 in parts.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts