Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to install an Infinity Basslink to the stock head unit. I do not have the nav set up. I am also replacing all the door speakers with Infinity kappa629i units. Has anyone run any speaker wire through the center door pillar from the rear speakers as I would like to use this to actuate the basslink. Maybe it could be tapped at the inside of the pillar ?Any suggestions at this point would be appreciated. I tried to find out the configuration of the door connection at the pillar but I must not be identifying it properly as the hma online repair manual gives me everything I already have figured out. thanks in advance

·
Registered
6 Posts
I am trying to install an Infinity Basslink to the stock head unit. I do not have the nav set up. I am also replacing all the door speakers with Infinity kappa629i units. Has anyone run any speaker wire through the center door pillar from the rear speakers as I would like to use this to actuate the basslink. Maybe it could be tapped at the inside of the pillar ?Any suggestions at this point would be appreciated. I tried to find out the configuration of the door connection at the pillar but I must not be identifying it properly as the hma online repair manual gives me everything I already have figured out. thanks in advance
I replaced the speakers on all doors with speakers from Crutchfield (plug and play), hooked up a sub. I opened up the center pillars from the bottom, just enough to get my hands in and tapped into the rear door wires. I have the wire colors;

Brown/ white on the right side
Green/ pink on left side
Brown and the green one I put on the negative side(ground).

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I replaced the speakers on all doors with speakers from Crutchfield (plug and play), hooked up a sub. I opened up the center pillars from the bottom, just enough to get my hands in and tapped into the rear door wires. I have the wire colors;

Brown/ white on the right side
Green/ pink on left side
Brown and the green one I put on the negative side(ground).

Hope this helps.
Thank you that is just what i am looking for. Now i can get started.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts