Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts

·
Registered
650 Posts
Eh. I'd wait for something in eBay or shark racing site to come out. I'd never mess with the headlights or tail lights. But def. Awesome.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok folks, here they are. These are daylight pics so it does not stand out as much as it will at night.

The first pic is the car without it being turned on and the second is with the DRL lights. The flash from my camera was not fast enough to pick up the picture perfectly so that is why it looks like part of the leds are not on. But they are all working perfectly.

[attachment=18530:2010_06_...18.52.50.jpg]

[attachment=18531:2010_06_...18.53.44.jpg]

Attachments

·
Registered
167 Posts
QUOTE (toastermax @ Jun 3 2010, 07:07 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=329350
Ok folks, here they are. These are daylight pics so it does not stand out as much as it will at night.

The first pic is the car without it being turned on and the second is with the DRL lights. The flash from my camera was not fast enough to pick up the picture perfectly so that is why it looks like part of the leds are not on. But they are all working perfectly.

[attachment=18530:2010_06_...18.52.50.jpg]

[attachment=18531:2010_06_...18.53.44.jpg]

IMO Audi has the best style of headlights, and now so do you!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you. For those that think that this mod is difficult, it is not. The lights are held on by a very strong tape meant for outdoor use and you don't have to take the bumper or headlights out. They strip is very thin and with a bit of dexterity, you can slip it right under the space below the headlights.

·
Registered
738 Posts
QUOTE (toastermax @ Jun 3 2010, 07:22 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=329354
Thank you. For those that think that this mod is difficult, it is not. The lights are held on by a very strong tape meant for outdoor use and you don't have to take the bumper or headlights out. They strip is very thin and with a bit of dexterity, you can slip it right under the space below the headlights.
What about the wiring.. they got to go inside at some point right? So where did you connect them for power???

Inquiring minds want to know. :grin:

·
Registered
255 Posts
QUOTE (BoomerK6 @ Jun 3 2010, 07:08 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=329369
Not even sure it would be possible, but this is what I would like to do with them if I bought a set. It would be kick @ss! PS. Sorry about the shaky hand drawing...lol.

It would be possible but that means you have fork over more dough. As for the OP those are real good looking, all these mods and me with no money!! :(

·
Registered
268 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Those are not bad. When I had my 04 WRX I installed "angel eyes" rings and went ahead and did the amber delete. I'll try and find an old picture.

Below is the thread that walks you through it and you can see the results. It took me 7 hours to do mine because I REALLY took my time. I thought about doing the same to the Sonata but its a load of freaking work. My girlfriend almost fainted when she saw me putting a set of freaking headlights in the oven. Man, that was funny.

Who wants to beat me to it???? It's not half as hard as it looks.

http://www.high-intensity.org/forums/showthread.php?t=561

·
Banned
630 Posts

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
If you can, I would disable the main H7 DRL bulbs and just have the strip be the DRL. The yellow light and the white strip just doesn't go well together. Just my thoughts. Not sure if you can kill the H7 DRL and just have it work as high beams or not.

But yeah going inside will look best but it will be a real pain for sure to get inside the headlights and time consuming.

·
Registered
268 Posts
QUOTE (Souks @ Jun 4 2010, 11:02 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=329577
If you can, I would disable the main H7 DRL bulbs and just have the strip be the DRL. The yellow light and the white strip just doesn't go well together. Just my thoughts. Not sure if you can kill the H7 DRL and just have it work as high beams or not.

But yeah going inside will look best but it will be a real pain for sure to get inside the headlights and time consuming.
maybe if someway he could change the bulbs to a blue or white LED bulb to match it might look alot better

·
Banned
630 Posts
QUOTE (Souks @ Jun 4 2010, 11:02 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=329577

simplest way-pull the high beam bulb out :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 64 Posts