Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I have an 04 Hyundai Santa Fe and I was going to wire my fog lights so they could turn on with my day time lights without having my headlights on because I have HID's in them and I like the look of them on with my day time's without my headlights being on. I'm pretty bad with wiring so if anyone can explain how I would go about doing this it would help a lot. And I want to try to wire my fog lights to stay on with my high beams at night, so if anyone could help me out with that, it would be great
Thank you.

·
Registered
843 Posts
As you mention it, when do you want them switched off ? Like on low beam?
Then, I would look for any electrician or electronics guy. He should be able to figure out with some simple diodes and a relay (to switch off), when to activate the fog light relay.
However, I have my doubts if it is legal to run them in daylight.
Good luck,
Paul

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just want to be able to turn on my fog lights whenever I want. at the moment I can only have them on when my headlights are on. I want to be able to have them on with my day time lights. And at night, my fog lights turn off when my high beams are turned on so I want to be able to keep them on. I didn't think it was illegal, I see cars driving around all the time with there fog lights on during the day. And my friend was going to help me with it since he did his on his 02 Honda Odyssey and he helped me wire all of my LED lights but I just don't wanna mess anything up.
Thank You

·
Registered
622 Posts
I just want to be able to turn on my fog lights whenever I want. at the moment I can only have them on when my headlights are on. I want to be able to have them on with my day time lights. And at night, my fog lights turn off when my high beams are turned on so I want to be able to keep them on. I didn't think it was illegal, I see cars driving around all the time with there fog lights on during the day. And my friend was going to help me with it since he did his on his 02 Honda Odyssey and he helped me wire all of my LED lights but I just don't wanna mess anything up.
Thank You
Just run them straight to power with a toggle switch or something. Your buddy should know what to do.

·
Registered
2013 Sonata SE
248 Posts
you can do what Carmine said which is easy....or if you can wait a few weeks, i'm doing this same/similar type mod on my sonata....which will be pretty similar as far as wiring.....i'm really good with this DIY mod, i've done it on my past 2 accords and my wife's 07 tiburon...i like having HID fogs on with parking and no headlights...just looks cool during the day, or at night if the hid's are bright enough u dont need the headlights on lol

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys. I might do what carmine said or just try to figure out the whole wiring set up with my fog lights because my friend said there is a wire you have to cut and then jump a wire or something like that but i am terrible with wiring but helps a lot!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts