Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

Well as my 1st post its abit of a sad one really :(

Sadly my mums "S" reg (1998) Atoz + has been having problems.

The main problem is that it will not go into reverse gear, the side to side movement of the gear stick seems very stiff.
so i'm thinking its something internally within the gear box, which is a pain.

Also obviously the car will only start when its in neutral postion, but my mums car will only start when you pull back ever so slightly into 4th gear. So i was thinking this cold be related as the gear linkages could have something to do with it.
Where is the switch to detect if its in neutral? I lifted the gear stick gaitor and saw some wires running up to the knob, What are these for?

Checked the brake fluid level as mentioned in another thread.

Really Need help as i think it could start being a BIG bill to pay for the work.

Another 2 sad points:

Mum only bought the car last weekend.
Sadly our family dog had to be put down today aswell, so i cant say we are all in the best of moods :(

Thanks alot,

help would be appreciated !

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Hi and :00000732: to the forums.
If you've only just got the car, can't you take it back? Has the 'reverse' fault just happened ovenight or was it like it when you got it?
I'm not that technically minded when it comes to cars, but it doesn't sound too good. Hopefully someone with more tech knowledge will be along soon to help you. In the meantime, can you give us anymore background on the shifter problems.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no sadly we cannot take it back as it was a private sale.

Hyundai needed to take the box out they said and that would cost £500 ! JUST TO LOOK AT IT ! thats nearly the price of the car.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts