Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to all. Need help with my 1998 Hyundai Atoz/Atos (MX) with the 1.0L engine (999cc). It is a 4 cylinder engine. A couple days ago, it developed a lack/loss of power, shuddering/hesitation and engine wanting to cut out. I plugged my scan tool into the OBD connector and it come up with codes P0202 injector circuit open cylinder 2, P0203 injector circuit open cylinder 3, P0304 injector circuit open cylinder 4 and multiple cylinder misfire detected (P0300, P0302, P0303, P0304).
Does anybody have any thoughts/ideas on this at all? Anything would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
14,303 Posts
It's unlikely that 3 injectors would fail at the same time so it sounds like you might have a problem with the wiring between the injectors and the engine PCM. There's a connector on the right side of the engine, just to the rear of the timing belt cover....see below. That's the main harness connector for the fuel injectors so taking a close look at that connector would be a good place to start.

Regards.
Scott.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I apologize for not replying sooner. Thank you for the response Senior Member Autospark. The problem went away by itself. Donot know what caused it. I did un-plug/re-plug every connector I saw, including the one you pointed to.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts