Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any source for parts for an Atos in the USA? 1.0 MFI, 5 speed manual, RHD. Routine parts like cap and rotor, sensors etc.
TIA

·
Registered
329 Posts
Would that be the 1 litre Epsilon engine same as in the Santro? It doesn't look like anything is currently being marketed with that powerplant in North America so I would think anything would have to be special ordered.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not sure of the Hyundai engine families, even less so with re. to ones not sold in N. America. I have VIN and engine # if that helps I can post them soon, not with me right now. It's a SOHC 1.0 w/MFI if that helps for now.

I figured it would be a special order but I can't get any answer from the local dealer parts dept. about if he can get parts. Basically if it is not a USA car they don't want to know/bother about it. So if I could even get an answer as to if a motivated dealer could get these parts through his dealer parts system at least that would be a start.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Have you tried contacting Hyundai Motor America directly? They have a Consumer Affairs toll-free hotline at 1-800-633-5151 - I'd assume this is just a call centre so it may take some doing but you might get a line on something this way.

Given the way Hyundai is marketing these cars in Europe and Asia it wouldn't be a huge surprise to see them turning up here soon in the super economy market segment so if you hit lucky and find someone who is interested you might be able to get some useful suggestions.

Its possible that some parts may be interchangeable from some of the other Hyundai or Kia models. I haven't been able to dig up any info about who makes the Epsion engine but its not uncommon for builders like Mitsubishi (just an example) to design for stock parts on sensors and electronics.

Alternatively, you may be able to order direct from an overseas supplier somewhere and have them shipped - Soullink may have some better ideas than me on what major suppliers may be interested.

I've just found out the Atos is sold in Bermuda (go figure!) THe distributor is HWP group with a web site at http://bermuda.hyundai-motor.com/ - the site looks a bit like a work in progress but there is some contact info.

I guess a last resourt would be your local "exotic" car dealer - they would at least be accustomed to ordering stuff from offshore but probably at some huge markup.

So how did you come to have an Atos in the US?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am in the USA, the car is in Antigua (Caribbean). I am trying to help out a very kind and elderly relative (95 y/o G/bless her) maintain the car. I travel back and forth often (and help out w/all sorts of stuff) and the car is starting to reach the age where it needs some more than everyday attention/parts now. The local dealer you ask? Well if I needed some local killer ganja they could probably hook me right up! Distributor cap and rotor? No mon, at least a month mon. Local (island) parts stores are about the same wait and want even more than the breathtaking prices the dealer wants (lots of import duties, tax, customs fees, shipping, graft etc.). In my (or family/friends) luggage would be the best way for some of these parts to make their way to Antigua.

I tried a local (USA) dealer parts dept. - no go. They gave me an email address of a higher up Hyundai parts manager - hope to hear back. I emailed a parts @ Hyundaiusa address - no response. I emailed a general inquiry address @ Hyundai motorcar worldwide - no response. Maybe a call is worth a try, might get lucky.

I have been accumulating some UK Hyundai dealer phone #'s and will resort to that if I have to. I'd love suggestions re vendors there that would be sympathetic to my search. I may end up just having some friends who are going to be over in Guadeloupe for a few days see if they can get the parts, but schedule may be tight and it may not work out.

Does not surprise me that they are in Bermuda. The car is ideal for a small island w/a small road network. Atos' are all over the islands. I've picked up 4 people and all their luggage in one - yep, 5 people, 8-10 bags in an Atos (well roof rack gets some of the bags). Amazing for it's size, tight but works when you only need to drive 10-30 mins. and won't need to reach 50mph to flow w/traffic.

Thanks for all the thoughts, I'll check back soon to see if you guys have any more ideas for me to persue.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Originally posted by NYTDI@Nov 10 2004, 07:24 PM
Any source for parts for an Atos in the USA? 1.0 MFI, 5 speed manual, RHD. Routine parts like cap and rotor, sensors etc.
TIA
[snapback]2571[/snapback]​

Hello. I do not think you will easily find Atos Parts in the USA. I suggest you to buy them in Mexico instead. Try a Daimer-Chrysler dealer, since they have the exclusive distribution of Atos, H100 and Verna (Accent) there.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks alejandrogallegos.

Do you know if the Atos was for sale in 1998 in Mexico? Someone told me that it has only recently (one or two years?) been offered in Mexico and it is assembled in India. I'm not sure if that info. is correct. We have a 1998 that is assembled in Korea.

If not what was the first model year it was for sale?

Does it come w/a 1.0L SOHC MFI engine in Mexico?

I wish I spoke Spanish :( , Any suggestion what city/area I'm most likely to find a dealership parts dept that speaks decent English? Near the USA border or in a major city a better bet?

·
Registered
329 Posts
Hi NYTDI

The Atos launched in 1997 with production in Korea. Production in India began in 1998 and since 2000 all have been built in India at Chennai (Madras).

From 1998 to 2002 all models had the 1-litre Epsilon Engine. In 2002 a 1.1 litre version became available. I believe this engine was also used in the Getz during this time so maybe some of the UK board users could advise on interchageability between model years.

The partnership with Daimler Chrysler for distribution in Mexico began with the 2000 model year - it is sold there as the Dodge Atos so its very possible replacement parts would be available that would fit the 1998 engine.

On your search for a supplier who you can deal with in English, you may be able to get some advice from US dealers located near the border as there is probabaly some back and forth trade.

Hope this helps

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
gordo, thanks for all this useful info. You seem to be a fount of Hyundai knowledge :D This is so very useful in order to try and get this done.

I will start investigating a few USA border dealers to see if they can/will help me out. Guess I'll try Texas, Arizona, New Mexico for starters.

I'll let you know how it goes.

If anyone in the UK has a dealer or parts source to suggest I'm still open to trying all avenues available.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
According to this link it has a G4HC engine family not Epsilon. Epsilon came later as the 1.1L engine. Is G4HC just an earlier name for the Epsilon family? For all I know the cap and rotor I seek will interchange.

Also according to this site it was called Amica in the UK, Visto as a Kia, Atos Multi or Spirit in Holland, and Santro in India/Pakistan and perhaps other markets.

So anyone in the UK got Amica parts? :huh:

The red one here is the car, except that the steering wheel is on the other side. The engine shot there looks just like the engine I need the cap and rotor for.

·
Registered
329 Posts
G4HC is desigantion for the 1 litre epsilon - there was an eaven earlier version .8 lire designated G4HA.

And you're correct - the vehicle sold in UK as the Amica uses that engine. The Getz and later Atos/Athos/Atoz etc - use a 1.1 litre version

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi NYTDI

There is an agent here in Malta if you are interested. The name is Meridian Enterprises. Maybe he can supply you with the parts.

I have an Atos Prime and a Getz which I am very proud of owning.

I myself would like to purchase a workshop / repair manual for the Atos Prime. Its not available for sale here in Malta. Do you or anyone reading this message know of anyone who can supply it.

Any information will be greatly appreciated. You can also reply to [email protected].

Thanks

David

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I finally found a person at Hyundai USA in California who got parts from Korea to my local dealer parts dept. on the East coast of the USA in a week, great guy. Local parts dept. was flabbergasted, they had no idea they could get this stuff. As a matter of fact it seems that almost all the Hyundai USA organization doesn't have a clue :angry:, all the "consumer helpline" 800 number CSR's and their supervisors insisted (rudely at times) that what I wanted was "impossible" :blink:. I don't take impossible as an answer and I found the right person within Hyundai USA who also has the nothing is impossible attitude and was VERY customer oriented, at one point he said he likes to treat his customers as he would his grandfather if he was a customer. An 18 year employee, I hope Hyundai is paying him very well although no price can be put on his positive attitude - worth its weight in gold.

If you don't have any luck with getting a manual in an EU country I suspect this guy could put his hands on one but he can only deliver to the USA dealer network - he was very specific with me on that. So I would have to ship it to you in Malta after I pick it up at my local dealer parts counter.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi NYTDI

Thanks for your prompt reply.

If I don't manage to obtain this workshop manual (European Version) I will contact you.

Thanks again.

David

·
Premium Member
15,116 Posts
the hyundai atos or atoz as it sometimes called, depending on your location has been available here in the u.k since 1998, all parts are available. none of these vehicles were ever exported offically to north america. if any of you guys or dolls out there get stuck for parts you can e-mail me with your details and l will get back to you

·
Registered
6 Posts
hi what up mon maybe you can also help me . i am in the bahamas and i am also looking for parts for these atoz. can you help me by giving me a contact number for the parts dealer that helped you. right now i am looking for a few windshields
and pricing. i also found a supplier in florida who has a few new tune up, brakes,clutches etc parts
but i lost the contact info during the recent hurricanes. I soon as i relocate or get new info on these guy's i will post it for you and others info. thanks for the help i will really appreciate it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts