Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone offer advise or help me find a problem.

The window wipers continually blow the 20A fuse in the box inside the car.
The green wire from the fuse is shorted to ground and disappears into the wiring loom.

I've had a good look over as much of the wiring as I'm able and can see so sign of damage.

Can anyone help with a wiring diagram ( first prize) or even ideas whee the wire runs to in the loom .

Regards
Malcolm T

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
14,351 Posts
Can anyone offer advise or help me find a problem.
Sure, I'd be happy to help. What's the problem?

malcolmt said:
The window wipers continually blow the 20A fuse in the box inside the car.
The green wire from the fuse is shorted to ground and disappears into the wiring loom.
Is the fuse blowing as soon as you switch the ignition on or only when you switch on one of the wipers?

malcolmt said:
Can anyone help with a wiring diagram ( first prize) or even ideas whee the wire runs to in the loom .
I don't have an Atoz wiring diagram to hand but I can tell you off the top of my head that the wire from that fuse goes to both wiper motors, the washer pump and the wiper relay. The most likely place, in my experience, for the wiring to short is where the loom routes between the car body and the tailgate. Every time you open and close the tailgate the wiring in that area gets flexed and that can eventually cause the insulation on the wiring to break. If I was diagnosing the problem that's the first place I would look.

Good luck tracking it down.
Scottie.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts