Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok this is a silly question. Im getting an elantra 2013 and I can't decide between the two colors. I LOVE purple and the indigo is awesome and like two colors in one, but the atlantic blue is just really pretty too. does anyone have any suggestions...I know its preference but im trying to go for the more unique color. just can't decide.

·
22,793 Posts

·
6,836 Posts
:00000732: Jenn. I much prefer the Indigo because it's the color I had. :D It has a hint of purple and gained a lot of compliments. Either way you go, though, it will be a good choice. The dark blue Elantras are much less common around here than the silver, grey, and black ones.

·
Registered
569 Posts
this should help
Indigo (Left) Atlantis (Right)

I personally owned a Indigo Blue and it was a great color.

·
Banned
1,196 Posts
Im getting an elantra 2013 and I can't decide between the two colors. I LOVE purple and the indigo is awesome and like two colors in one, but the atlantic blue is just really pretty too. does anyone have any suggestions..
I have the red 2013 Elantra & love the color. However, other brand cars have superior colors. VW colors are a notch or two better than Hyundai. Chevy & Dodge extra cost colors are sweet. I am a sucker for great colors with large metal flake. Just wish Hyundai with their fairly wide color pallet had some large metal flake colors.

·
22,793 Posts
Just wish Hyundai with their fairly wide color pallet had some large metal flake colors.
Those larger flakes of metal add weight to the vehicle, interpreted as less MPG. ;)

·
22,793 Posts
Or you could go with the rarest color evar- Desert bronze =)
Ain't that the truth. And for the life of me I don't know why that is. It's a remarkable color. Actually the first test drive I took in 2011 was Desert Bronze. Not a fan of the interior color in that particular one, but I really liked the exterior.

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Desert Bronze in da' house! My avatar to the left shows the car on a late Spring afternoon. The bronze changes from silver to gold to bronze depending on light and angle. The Harbor Gray has a little tint of bronze sometimes depending on the light. I chose the bronze because I never owned a car with a color in the "gold" family.

Between Atlantic and Indigo, I'd choose Atlantic but the Indigo is more popular between the two. Both are blue, but Atlantic is more toward green, and Indigo is more toward violet, as you can see in the image Jay posted above.

To my eye, the Atlantic is more metallic and the Indigo is more deeply saturated. Considering both cars are somewhat rare, your choice may be made for you based on local availability. The Atlantic Blue cars are from Ulsan (VIN starts with "K") and Indigo Blue cars are from Alabama (VIN starts with "5"), so if you check dealer websites and the color is listed only as "BLUE", look at the first character of the VIN: 5=Indigo, K=Atlantic.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Desert Bronze in da' house! My avatar to the left shows the car on a late Spring afternoon. The bronze changes from silver to gold to bronze depending on light and angle. The Harbor Gray has a little tint of bronze sometimes depending on the light. I chose the bronze because I never owned a car with a color in the "gold" family.

Between Atlantic and Indigo, I'd choose Atlantic but the Indigo is more popular between the two. Both are blue, but Atlantic is more toward green, and Indigo is more toward violet, as you can see in the image Jay posted above.

To my eye, the Atlantic is more metallic and the Indigo is more deeply saturated. Considering both cars are somewhat rare, your choice may be made for you based on local availability. The Atlantic Blue cars are from Ulsan (VIN starts with "K") and Indigo Blue cars are from Alabama (VIN starts with "5"), so if you check dealer websites and the color is listed only as "BLUE", look at the first character of the VIN: 5=Indigo, K=Atlantic.

Hate to cut away here from the main T, but does your Des. Bronze happen to have a black leather interior? When I spot a Des. Bronze around here it's always with the tan cloth. I believe I'm still the only 2011 Elantra out there, Des bronze with a black interior.

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Hate to cut away here from the main T, but does your Des. Bronze happen to have a black leather interior? When I spot a Des. Bronze around here it's always with the tan cloth. I believe I'm still the only 2011 Elantra out there, Des bronze with a black interior.
I have the GLS NAV, so it's tan cloth. The black is available only with the Limited, so look for seven spoke alloys before bothering to check for a black interior - the five spoke alloys are GLS and they all have tan cloth.

Back on the OT, the Atlantic Blue is available with gray cloth, while Indigo is tan inside. So those who want blue outside but hate tan have their choice of the Atlantic Blue with the gray cloth.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Oh ok well thanks for the replies and advice...I had to pick a color the day after, and I went with the indigo. The blue is pretty but for some reason, the indigo just looked nicer. In the picture the blue looks prettier but in person dunno the indigo is just really a nice color. I also got an indigo with a gray interior which was cool because it's not easy to find that. Both colors are nice and the desert bronze is a nice color too. I would have gone with something like that, but I've never had a purplish car before or a darker color like that.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Oh ok well thanks for the replies and advice...I had to pick a color the day after, and I went with the indigo. The blue is pretty but for some reason, the indigo just looked nicer. In the picture the blue looks prettier but in person dunno the indigo is just really a nice color. I also got an indigo with a gray interior which was cool because it's not easy to find that. Both colors are nice and the desert bronze is a nice color too. I would have gone with something like that, but I've never had a purplish car before or a darker color like that.
I have the indigo color with gray interior also. Bought it only a week ago. Someone had mentioned the desert bronze earlier in this thread .. that was the one that I test drove. Loved the car .. loved the color .. but I asked the saleslady to show me the indigo. Much as I had fallen in love with the bronze, I could not believe the "beauty" of the indigo. I continually get compliments about the color :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts