Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had my wife's 2014 Sonata out today and the tires looked a little low. I checked the pressure on them and they were all at 29-30 PSI. Since the recommended pressure is 34 PSI, I thought the sensor warning would have triggered with them being between 29 and 30.

Anyone know what PSI will trigger the indicator? Since I don't drive her car that much, I want to make sure the sensors are working properly.

Thanks.

·
Registered
235 Posts
I had my wife's 2014 Sonata out today and the tires looked a little low. I checked the pressure on them and they were all at 29-30 PSI. Since the recommended pressure is 34 PSI, I thought the sensor warning would have triggered with them being between 29 and 30.

Anyone know what PSI will trigger the indicator? Since I don't drive her car that much, I want to make sure the sensors are working properly.

Thanks.
My TPMS warning has come on when my tire pressure is 29 psi (or lower). Maybe your tires were closer to 30 psi.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Mine don't usually come on unless they are around 26psi. Same with my wife's Elantra GT.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
640 Posts
TPMS is required to trigger a warning if pressure is 25% low, so most manufacturers have it trigger at 20-25%.
At 34psi spec'd that would be 25.5-27.2 psi.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts