At least once a year:
• Lubricate door hinges and hood
hinges.
• Lubricate door and hood locks and
latches.
• Lubricate door rubber weather
strips.
• Lubricate door checker.

I already lubricated door weather strips with Sonax Rubber Protectant Gummi Pfledger. I do have a little wind noise at weather strip. Gummi Pfledger did not resolve it. But it smells wonderful and was easy to apply. The service writers at dealership had no recommendation or clue what to use.

What do you use on the door, hood hinges, door/hood locks and latches, and door checker? Since dealership was not very helpful with my first question I thought I would ask here. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I recommend a larger font! ;)
From the Owner's Manual:

At least once a year:
• Lubricate door hinges and hood
hinges.
• Lubricate door and hood locks and
latches.
• Lubricate door rubber weather
strips.
• Lubricate door checker.

I already lubricated door weather strips with Sonax Rubber Protectant Gummi Pfledger. I do have a little wind noise at weather strip. Gummi Pfledger did not resolve it. But it smells wonderful and was easy to apply. The service writers at dealership had no recommendation or clue what to use.

What do you use on the door, hood hinges, door/hood locks and latches, and door checker? Since dealership was not very helpful with my first question I thought I would ask here. Thanks! :grin2:

·
Registered
941 Posts
Not sure how you can lube the weather strips, or what you would use... but for everything else, white lithium grease. NOT WD-40.

·
Registered
961 Posts
Krown takes care of everything for me except the weather stripping. I have never really done anything to that stuff on my 08 Santa Fe and it's just fine. I'd be curious as well as to what folks are doing and why.

·
Registered
3,797 Posts
Spray my hood release with Liquid Wrench lubricant, if you don't and rusts shut, will really have major problems. Became popular in the 50's, before this, people were honest.

Rubber is not much of a problem up north, but sure is down south. Dark colored vehicles can reach 180*F plus, you can bake goods in your oven at this temperature. Up north, road salt is the major problem putting our vehicles in the throwaway class, this way we have to buying new ones.

Was in 1948 quit adding nickel to steel, around 0.5%, 1949 was the year Detroit rust was invented, lets see how the Elantra holds up, galvanizing the steel.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts