Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Few days ago I took a relatively long drive from New York to Boston metro area and back home. I had snow, and I had cold (tire pressure dropped 6 psi), and now I can say that car behaved perfectly all the time. I had 3 occupants in car while trunk with empty rear seat filled with heavy load cargo - average fuel consumption was 31.5 mpgs both ways.

The problem I have experienced is weird: navigating by Android cellphone and Android auto I have realized that navigation is getting asleep every 5-6 min, it stops updating my location and miles, it stops talking to me, and I have to wake up cellphone screen by pushing cellphone button. It did not happen before when I used google maps alone, it happened now when I use Android Auto.
My problem may be my phone, my problem could be my car, but I hate to be blindfolded on the road.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Sounds like a signal problem, not updating is the GPS function not working.. hence it does not talk to you since it's thinks it not moving. Can you put the phone on the dash ?

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sounds like a signal problem, not updating is the GPS function not working.. hence it does not talk to you since it's thinks it not moving. Can you put the phone on the dash ?
Thanks for the tip. At the end of the week I'll drive to the same place again. I'll try to keep phone on the dash this time. And it will be a double challenge - to watch phone against slipping down and to watch it against falling asleep.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Don't know what year your Sonata is, but although both my Sonatas have ApplePlay, I never use it. I only use the built-in Sonata Navi Map. No problems.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ebay has them thingamabobs that you lay the phone on the dash, and it projects it on to the windshield.
Yes, I have one of those friction pads. I'll give it a try.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Don't know what year your Sonata is, but although both my Sonatas have ApplePlay, I never use it. I only use the built-in Sonata Navi Map. No problems.
My car does not have Navigation build-in. I use what I have. My car year and trim in my avatar on the left of your screen

·
Registered
10 Posts
Definitely sounds like a phone issue. What version of android are you running? I've read people have had problems with Android auto on Android 7.0 up to 8.0. I'm running 8.1 on a Google Pixel without any issues.

·
Registered
2017 Sonata Sport 2.0T
1,767 Posts
I dont have an Android (IPhone User) but if just touching the home button or screen and not moving the location of the phone gets you back on location I dont think it has anything to do with moving the phone so it gets a better signal, it sounds like it is going into sleep mode or whatever Android calls it.

Check your phone settings for auto sleep, no activity etc and check the settings for the Map app you are using to be sure it is set to run continuously, call your service provider for the phone.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
This time I put it on the dash - dash did not help. I think there is something else related to my cellphone

1 - 12 of 12 Posts