Hyundai Forums banner

41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
I bought the 2020 Preferred 2.4 with Sun & Leather too. I have a question about drive modes.

Its said that Smart mode should have smart Eco, Smart Comfort & Smart Sport.

I see my car shifts between Smart Eco and Smart comfort but there isn't a Smart Sport. Can you confirm if it's the same for you?
I don't know about smart everything, I have smart, comfort, and sport.

·
Registered
240 Posts
I didn't even drive a CRV when shopping a year ago due to the unknown/in process "gas in oil" defects with their 1.5T in cold weather. Not sure how that got resolved as it seemed like a nice vehicle otherwise although yes, 1.5 seems a bit small in displacement. 2.0 & 2.4 seem as well for 3700 lb SUVs but most in this class (CX-5, Escape, etc) seem to have that and RAV4 don't even have a turbo.

Despite doing a lot of research a year ago including talking to the dealer regarding the Hyundai GDI problems and fires that were catagorized as manufacturing defects 2011-2015, I just saw this on multiple websites: https://www.abcactionnews.com/news/local-news/up-in-flames/kia-hyundai-agree-to-settle-u-s-class-action-lawsuits-over-engine-fires-for-more-than-760-million

IT NOW LISTS 2019 Santa Fes ?!?! (No 2020 which is good news if fixed but it's the same GDI engines as before, hmmm ... bad news if you want better warranties). So is this real for 2019 Santa Fes in the US? What's a lifetime short block warranty mean (assume below the cams & head gasket)?

I may ask my dealer when I go for an oil change in a month if this is real. No problems with the SF but only a little over 7200 miles, I bought it to trade before 10 years is up, but want a reliable safe drive till then.

·
Registered
288 Posts
There is inconsistency on that article. It is the same drivetrain in 2019 and 2020. It is the same car in US and CAN. I don't want any compensation if it is a fire bomb, my life take precedent over money.

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Can anyone confirm if they can see "Smart Sport" showing up on 2019/2020 Santa Fe Preferred? It does feel better in Smart mode than Comfort Mode, but nothing close to Sport mode. Feel left out.
It’s very simple. Put trans in SMART MODE. Press pedal to the floor at a stoplight, or on-ramp. Hold pedal to floor long enough and the SMART logo on dash will turn RED. If that’s not enough Sport mode for you, put the trans in full Sport mode.

·
Registered
14 Posts
It’s very simple. Put trans in SMART MODE. Press pedal to the floor at a stoplight, or on-ramp. Hold pedal to floor long enough and the SMART logo on dash will turn RED. If that’s not enough Sport mode for you, put the trans in full Sport mode.
I tested this, really have to floor it for "Smart Sport" to show up. Thanks.

I think the Santa Fe can be a very peppy car if only the transmission logic was better.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Anyone clean the intake valve using a product like CRC? I have 2019 2.4 GDI and coming up on 10k. I plan to clean the intake valve as a preventive maintenance but trying to figure out the best place to spray CRC. Anyone have any ideas? Or better yet someone has already done it?

·
Registered
62 Posts
IT NOW LISTS 2019 Santa Fes ?!?! (No 2020 which is good news if fixed but it's the same GDI engines as before, hmmm ... bad news if you want better warranties). So is this real for 2019 Santa Fes in the US? What's a lifetime short block warranty mean (assume below the cams & head gasket)?
Found this document:

And in this article, it mentions only certain 2019 SF o_O:

41 - 53 of 53 Posts