Hyundai Forums banner

21 - 40 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yes, it does. And you have to press it each time the car starts to turn the start/stop off.
That was one of my questions too, thank you. I thought maybe I was missing something.
I also just bought a 2020 SEL with the covienence package. I keep having to hit the button to turn off the engine stop and hit the button to turn 'Hold' button on. I think I'd like to have the default for both of those opposite of what they are.

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
That was one of my questions too, thank you. I thought maybe I was missing something.
I also just bought a 2020 SEL with the covienence package. I keep having to hit the button to turn off the engine stop and hit the button to turn 'Hold' button on. I think I'd like to have the default for both of those opposite of what they are.
The buttons are what they are.

The ISG (engine stop, mostly for traffic lights) has to be turned OFF each time the vehicle is started if you don’t want it to function during that trip.

The Auto Hold needs to be turned ON each time you start the car to activate that feature. Personally, I don’t care for it.

If you want to spend some money there are modules you can buy to defeat these switches and get what you want. You’ll have to pay to get them installed unless you like to remove consoles and play with wires yourself. Look for this info in other threads in this forum.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Current mileage: 1400 km

2020 Preferred 2.4 with sun and leather package (Canada). Black colour.

Drove the first one off the lot.

Feel free to ask anything.

Have you tried using the rear windshield wiper? When I spray it to clean my window, it doesn't spray wide, but instead almost shoots a concentrated spot onto my windshield. I am wondering if it is defective...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
The buttons are what they are.

The ISG (engine stop, mostly for traffic lights) has to be turned OFF each time the vehicle is started if you don’t want it to function during that trip.

The Auto Hold needs to be turned ON each time you start the car to activate that feature. Personally, I don’t care for it.

If you want to spend some money there are modules you can buy to defeat these switches and get what you want. You’ll have to pay to get them installed unless you like to remove consoles and play with wires yourself. Look for this info in other threads in this forum.
I'm really thinking of buying the heated seats memory module from sharkracing. Remote starting the car through bluelink does not turn on the heated seats or the heated stearing wheel which I both need really badly in winter. I'm just afraid of how complicated the process could be to disassemble the dash.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Have you tried using the rear windshield wiper? When I spray it to clean my window, it doesn't spray wide, but instead almost shoots a concentrated spot onto my windshield. I am wondering if it is defective...
I did use the rear wiper when it was raining, but haven't used the sprayer yet.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I'm really thinking of buying the heated seats memory module from sharkracing. Remote starting the car through bluelink does not turn on the heated seats or the heated stearing wheel which I both need really badly in winter. I'm just afraid of how complicated the process could be to disassemble the dash.
I did it on a Sportage and it was not exactly hard (PM for detailed Santa Fe disassembly instructions) but there was so much to take off that it was nerve wracking just to get to the correct part. It's hard to take any part off a new car due to all the glues, and it often seems as if something will break if you pull too hard.

But in the end it works fine and the wiring was not difficult.

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Sadly, it is normal operation on the rear hatch window wiper. However, if you time your second spray pull properly it will wet the wiper blade sufficiently to accomplish the job.

·
Registered
386 Posts
For the 2019 also. There is a front wheel guard that extends below the body line on all four wheels. The back wheels have a larger extension.
What is their purpose? I'm afraid the rear guards will break in winter driving when lane change over a high snow bank and it is less flexible in cold temperature.

·
Registered
100 Posts
............If you want to spend some money there are modules you can buy to defeat these switches and get what you want. You’ll have to pay to get them installed unless you like to remove consoles and play with wires yourself. Look for this info in other threads in this forum.
I can't help but wonder how much of your warranty you'll void screwing around with the ISG?

It does allow you to set the temp when starting (just in case you don't want to screw around with the dash).......also there is the auto heat/cool setting (no clue when that comes on in the cold??), works well when it's hot outside.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I can't help but wonder how much of your warranty you'll void screwing around with the ISG?
The modules do not do anything complicated and are in fact pretty easy to install. All they do is save your button pushes and repeat them when the car is started. So if you left the car with ISG off, AutoHold on, Drive Mode on Sport, and your seat warmer on #2...they will "push" those buttons (although electronically) for you when the car starts again.

On other cars with worse ISG performance, owners have had to unplug or disable them in much more intrusive ways.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I bought the 2020 Preferred 2.4 with Sun & Leather too. I have a question about drive modes.

Its said that Smart mode should have smart Eco, Smart Comfort & Smart Sport.

I see my car shifts between Smart Eco and Smart comfort but there isn't a Smart Sport. Can you confirm if it's the same for you?

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
I bought the 2020 Preferred 2.4 with Sun & Leather too. I have a question about drive modes.

Its said that Smart mode should have smart Eco, Smart Comfort & Smart Sport.

I see my car shifts between Smart Eco and Smart comfort but there isn't a Smart Sport. Can you confirm if it's the same for you?
You’ll see Sport fleetingly in Smart mode if you drive like a banshee. I’ve grown to like Smart mode best because it gives the smoothest shift points IMO. Comfort mode is my second preference. Sport mode is the least pleasant shifting feeling to me. Regardless of the shift setting you choose you’ll still get to your destination at the same time.

·
Registered
14 Posts
You’ll see Sport fleetingly in Smart mode if you drive like a banshee. I’ve grown to like Smart mode best because it gives the smoothest shift points IMO. Comfort mode is my second preference. Sport mode is the least pleasant shifting feeling to me. Regardless of the shift setting you choose you’ll still get to your destination at the same time.
I am yet to see the Smart Sport, I tried a few times to drive aggressively but it stayed in Smart Comfort.

I too like the Smart drive mode better as the gear shifts are better. I think the 2.4 engine can be tuned a but better for performance.

·
Registered
176 Posts
The Canadian BlueLink App has those options for remote start... heated seats on, steering wheel heater on, defrost on, temp. setting.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Can anyone confirm if they can see "Smart Sport" showing up on 2019/2020 Santa Fe Preferred? It does feel better in Smart mode than Comfort Mode, but nothing close to Sport mode. Feel left out.

21 - 40 of 53 Posts