Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
629 Posts
I'm not a big fan of the Hyundai/Kia, but I'd say most of the bullet points could be found with most make cars, or at least some cars within a particular manufacturer's lineup. Had a problem with safety issue though as the NHTSA saftey ratings, Hyundai e.g. Sonata, the only non 5 star rating is rollover that is 4 stars.

·
Registered
3,395 Posts
All kind of flaws in that article. Many just state one issue and that's a problem across the board? $7000 in repairs in the first 3 years on a new vehicle?

·
Registered
681 Posts
Almost all of these examples are arguing from the specific to the general, which is a logical fallacy. Just about every one of these examples cite "Many customers..." or "One customer..." or "One in particular..." Others are not facts but "Accusations" ("Many have claimed..."). In another, "Oil issues" are cited (what exactly were the oil issues with this [again] "one customer")? Others are common problems throughout the auto industry. So few specifics are given that this sounds like a politician might have written it.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm not a big fan of the Hyundai/Kia, but I'd say most of the bullet points could be found with most make cars, or at least some cars within a particular manufacturer's lineup. Had a problem with safety issue though as the NHTSA saftey ratings, Hyundai e.g. Sonata, the only non 5 star rating is rollover that is 4 stars.
Yeah I dunno where they got their crap about safety ratings, my car's one of the safest midsize sedans around.

·
Registered
9 Posts
The article is BS. One can spend 20 minutes reading reviews (I'm a big fan of Consumer Reports, where Hyundai/Kia is one of the better car brands today!) to realize the guy who wrote that article is simply full of ****. My Sonata NF is almost 14 years old, and I haven't had ANY issues with it, neither mechanical nor the quality of the paint job — NO RUST, though we have snowy Winters here, and I take my car thru the local car wash maybe 4 times a year...

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The article is BS. One can spend 20 minutes reading reviews (I'm a big fan of Consumer Reports, where Hyundai/Kia is one of the better car brands today!) to realize the guy who wrote that article is simply full of ****. My Sonata NF is almost 14 years old, and I haven't had ANY issues with it, neither mechanical nor the quality of the paint job — NO RUST, though we have snowy Winters here, and I take my car thru the local car wash maybe 4 times a year...
My best guess is he got a bad one and now he thinks the whole brand sucks lol

·
Registered
9 Posts
From USA Today: "Hyundai ranks among the 10 best car brands in both J.D. Power's quality and dependability rankings and Consumer Reports' reliability ranking"

·
Registered
61 Posts
We have had 2 Elantras and 2 Santa Fes. The only problem with any of them was with with a 2009 Santa Fe with 3.3 liter engine where the right front valve cover gasket leaked oil onto the alternator, ruining it. Hyundai fixed it under warranty without question. We used that Santa Fe to tow a 3000 lb camper about 6,000 miles without any problem whatsoever. We currently have a 2017 Santa Fe Limited Ultimate that we use to tow our camper. It is stronger and has so many features we still haven't learned how to use them all. We have had good luck with Hyundai, and hope it lasts. I believe they make good cars, although every car manufacturer makes an occasional lemon. The Corvair and Pinto for instance. Maybe the Focus. I can certainly recommend the Elantras and Santa Fes with a 3.3 engine tho.

·
Registered
383 Posts
The prettty much interview and question a very small group of people with a beef with their hyundai kia. No move valuable than polling in political scenes. The data is only as good as who you ask and they wanted pissed off people. Nuff said. My mom drives a 99 hyundai. Worst i have to do is add a little ac coolant once or twice a year. In use every day still. My current car, no issues what so ever. Miles adding up fast.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts