Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
Anyone else wish there centre consol/arm rest was about 2" higher on the SF?

YES!!! Well 1 1/2" anyway.
Our 2010 SF SE had a perfect arm rest on the console. We always carry a folded up hand towel in the car, have for years, this on top of the arm rest is much better. It also could be longer as far as I am concerned. Once out of traffic and cruising on the Interstate I like to rest my arm on the console at times. Hard to do with the Sport.
And, yes, I have the power seat adjusted for height. I don't like the "low rider" setting, the drivers window is not low enough for that. I am 6', the wife is 5'3" so we have to adjust when we switch driving.
One more tiny gripe. The little, key word here is little, tray in front of the arm rest is next to useless unless you lift the arm rest to get your hand in it. I keep penny's in it for the times (too many since our ice maker broke) I buy ice. can't get to the stupid penny's unless I raise the arm rest. Must have been an idea from the designers son!!!
Other than that, all's cool! :D

·
Registered
353 Posts
One more tiny gripe. The little, key word here is little, tray in front of the arm rest is next to useless unless you lift the arm rest to get your hand in it. I keep penny's in it for the times (too many since our ice maker broke) I buy ice. can't get to the stupid penny's unless I raise the arm rest. Must have been an idea from the designers son!!!
Other than that, all's cool! :D
I use that area to hold my garage door opener. It fits perfectly and I just have to slide my finger below the arm rest release to hit the button. I agree that it's an odd little storage area. I'd be interested to hear what others use that space for.

·
Registered
13 Posts
LOL - I use that little space for wrapped tooth picks so I don't have to carry them & put holes in my pocket.

·
Registered
163 Posts
For me, the height is fine. On my previous car, I could slide it forward a bit as needed. I would have liked that. I would have also liked for the stitching to be along the edges, and not on top.

Oh well. Minor details... :)

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
Height is fine for me too. The little space in the front is perfect for my smartphone, standing up, on a bit of angle.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Height is perfect. That little space has two cut little cut outs along the lip ... for what I assume are for cables ... which would mean that the little space is meant to hold a phone/electronic gadget. But unfortunately, there's no USB/AUX jack under the armrest (like most other cars I've seen). Anyone mod theirs to extend the USD/AUX into the armrest compartment?

·
Registered
30 Posts
For me, the armrest is a little low - I would prefer it a bit higher. I'm 6'5" - like a previous poster (JRM2013) I like to rest my arm hen I hit the highway, but it is just out of reach for that. Foe the little storage space - I haven't found anything for there yet - but I can see when I drive in the US keeping coins there for tolls.

·
Registered
759 Posts
Anyone else wish there centre consol/arm rest was about 2" higher on the SF?
hallelujah brother!!!!

I'm 6'1", and not only wish it was a little higher, but level!!! The armrest slopes a little towards the front, not flat. I also have my seat at it's lowest height setting. I've been thinking about going to an auto upholstry guy here in town to see about my options.
That's one of the things I miss about my old SUV - the armrest!!!

·
Registered
413 Posts
hallelujah brother!!!!

I'm 6'1", and not only wish it was a little higher, but level!!! The armrest slopes a little towards the front, not flat. I also have my seat at it's lowest height setting. I've been thinking about going to an auto upholstry guy here in town to see about my options.
That's one of the things I miss about my old SUV - the armrest!!!
It probably has something to do with the angle you set your back of the chair?

·
Registered
759 Posts
It probably has something to do with the angle you set your back of the chair?
Nope. Straight up like most people drive! I noticed it right away when going on my first test drive.. especially coming from my Jeep Gr. Cherokee.
Being able to park my elbow on the window ledge while driving, and having a good armrest are important things for me and I drive 90% of the time with my left arm, and the right needs a parking space. I wasn't thrilled about the armrest - but the rest of the SFS and it's toys made up for it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I test drove a 2014 Santa Fe Sport 2.0T yesterday and I fell in love with it. My largest gripe, and it may even be a deal killer, was that the driver's seat height felt an inch or two too high for me. (I guess you could argue that the center arm rest is too low I suppose.) At any rate, I'm trying to figure a way around this because the rest of the vehicle is so appealing.

If the seat could be lowered further, that would be ideal. I've heard of some aftermarket spacers that can raise a seat, but never lower it.

Tony

·
Registered
149 Posts
I use that area to hold my garage door opener. It fits perfectly and I just have to slide my finger below the arm rest release to hit the button. I agree that it's an odd little storage area. I'd be interested to hear what others use that space for.
Fits my wallet PERFECTLY!

·
Registered
544 Posts
I'm 6"5" and the door armrest is perfect for me as I have gorilla arms and also drive with my left hand. Granted the power seat does allow the seat to lower more than the non-powered seat. I can see how this may be an issue for some drivers as the window ledge is also too high to be usable to rest your arm on.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I'm not too tall myself and I do wish for the arm rest to be higher! I always end up leaning to the right when resting my elbow.

And that tiny storage pocket is supposed to be for your phone (I think). The older smaller iphones fit perfectly in there, but they haven't considered the fact that it doesn't fit with the usb cable attached.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts