Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
I know the CP-e exhaust system fits the Sonata. Then, they had an Optima come into the shop to make a separate design for each of the TWO Optima exhaust designs.

Our platforms are not exact matches across the board which is why ARK is not listed as available for the Sonata. I'd assume there are plenty of Sonata's around they could test fit on....if it fit, they'd be selling it to us.

CP-e sounds better, and will perform! The ARK from the listings is with an outer diameter of 2.25" where stock system is 2.25" inner diameter. So factory is larger? right? CP-e is a 3" system and in a week or two you can buy the Bellmouth, downpipe, mid pipe and catback for a FULL Turbo Back Exhaust.

Eventually when tuning in the US catches up with tuning in Korea, we'll be putting down up to 330whp on stock turbo setup and bolt ons. But it requires at least a 3" full exhaust setup to achieve these figures.....so, be prepared for future performance and start with something that doesn't need upgrading.

And the CP-e doesn't drone either due to it's "Stealthpipe design which cancels out the unwanted resonance.

Video of CP-e Sound
CP-e Sonata Exhaust Sounds - YouTube

·
Registered
61 Posts
Ark imop is slightly louder then oem , it's like you didnt buy a pipes . I guess you will noise the power but I think it should be more from it. Looks nice though

·
Registered
132 Posts
Here are some great sound clips I made. I basically compiled everything I would want to hear from an exhaust setup and made clips off everything I could think of.

Pardon the wind/talking ect. Wasn't professionally staged, just put a bunch of clips together in an hour.

Enjoy....best option available for Sonata or Optimas
[video]CP-e Sonata Exhaust Sounds - YouTube[/video]

1 - 5 of 5 Posts