Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if the brake lines for the Veloster are also the same as the Elantra. From what I can find the stock brake lines have the same part numbers between both vehicles...

·
22,788 Posts
What now? Brembo calipers? I had to ask, you know I had to.

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Cheaper to make your own.. I did for clutch line on the Toyota, and 3 piece front brake line set on the motorcycle that not popular.

They easy to make.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Cheaper to make your own.. I did for clutch line on the Toyota, and 3 piece front brake line set on the motorcycle that not popular.

They easy to make.
How bout a tutorial???

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
That would be possible,, but my camera been broke for couple month.

I do have some #4 line lfet that if I had camera, i would take the ends off and show how they done.. in most respect, you need to know the length of tubing needed, cut tube, and install fitting.

To cut the teflon/stainless braid tubing, you need to wrap the tube with tape, I think electric tape worked best (been yrs since I made mine), and used cut off disc to do the cut,, fine tooth saw will work, but strands get caught in saw tooth and snag, makes a mess.. After cut, use knife to deburr the tube.

Now the fun,, there is a small brass piece that installs to end of tube, but you have to slide the retaining nut over outside of tube first.. then install end to the tube.. now you can install the actual fitting to end of hose, and mate the line nut to fitting, and tighten.. make sure the fitting is pointed in rigiht direction/orientation to where fitting going to mount when you secure the nut.

·
22,788 Posts
I guess a Dremel (or equivalent) with a good cut-off disk would work well?
I sure would think so...those little guy's are lifesavers. Same thing, only miniature version. That reminds me, one more thing I'm missing from the tornado that I need to add to the ever-lengthening list of replacements. Thanks!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts