Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was surprised to see that the buttons for the lights do not illuminate. This makes it very difficult to find the button you are looking for when it's dark in the car. Is there something I'm missing? These are the ones I'm talking about:
Motor vehicle Personal luxury car Automotive design Vehicle Family car

·
Registered
2019 Santa Fe Ultimate 2.0T AWD
1,194 Posts
Thanks for the link! Clearly, I'm not the only person who has wondered about this. I'm sure I'll get used to it, but the lack of backlit buttons seems like a really stupid omission on Hyundai's part.
Every stupid omission saves a little $$, and then multiply by all of the 1000s of cars they sell. It's the way of the industry; however, at the same time, Hyundai upgraded the sunroof button from plastic to metal trim.

·
Registered
2020 Santa Fe Limited 2.0T Awd
1,102 Posts
It's not that bad. The button placement on the 2019/2020 is easily memorized. I had already committed the button placement to memory and hadn't even noticed that they weren't backlit until someone on the forum pointed it out.

·
Registered
2020 2.4 SEL FWD
180 Posts
I don't use the switches/buttons because I usually screw up a function. It's much simpler to push on the map light lenses themselves to switch on/switch off.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
This its so stupid. The only buttons they don't light up are the ones that control the lighting...
I agree 100%. Pretty much every single button in the car is illuminated except the ones that need it the most. It's completely illogical.

·
Registered
2020 Santa Fe Limited
190 Posts
Thanks for the link! Clearly, I'm not the only person who has wondered about this. I'm sure I'll get used to it, but the lack of backlit buttons seems like a really stupid omission on Hyundai's part.
I can tell you after a year and a half of owning the car, you do not get used to it. :confused:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Guys please I need help. My hyundai i40 2011 touch screen is not working , but the stereo is working. Only the touch screen. How will I do ? Thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
Guys please I need help. My hyundai i40 2011 touch screen is not working , but the stereo is working. Only the touch screen. How will I do ? Thanks

·
Registered
2020 Santa Fe Limited
190 Posts
You are in the wrong forum, this is for the Santa Fe 2019+

1 - 14 of 14 Posts