Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Me and my wife have been looking at a few SUVs. Hyundais seem to be priced right with the features we want. I was wondering if the 2010 - 12 Santa Fe with the 2.4L is any good. The one I saw online has 87,000 miles and is a 2010. I am familiar with the 2.4L recalls starting in 2011 for the "metal shavings." I also saw the 13 - 14 Santa Fe got recalled too for the 2.4L, so we are staying away from those model years.

I went through the first 15 pages of this forum and didn't see anything specifically about the 2.4L. I did see one thread that stated the early 2010s had problems with the 6 speed auto, but I didn't see any specifics.

Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
3,036 Posts
Go for a 2009 w/3.3L LTD if you can find it.

They are golden, lots of power and reliable AWD etc. Check the Rack and Pinon for leaks and/or knocking I had mine replaced when I got it. it was shot and fail for some reason. I would never buy a 4 cylinder in this size especially nor for millage. They'll be worst but not better than the V6 which doesn't have a timming belt. If you insist on one the belt will need to be replace and be prepared for the big $$$ to do it. V6's have a chain.

·
Registered
988 Posts
Have to agree with Tripplec. I have the 08 LTD and have had to do the steering rack (covered) and a few other things, but the 3.3L is pretty much bullet proof if you keep up on the fluids. I would not want to move a 4,000 pound brick with the small engine.

When they went to the 6 sp tran, they crammed it in without really redesigning the housing from what I understand... trouble.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.