Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seems to be a lot of whining and complaining over pretty minor nuisance issues. I mean this is a ~$20,000 car......not a ~$40,000 luxury car.

·
Registered
4,471 Posts
QUOTE (sonatahyd @ Dec 10 2010, 03:13 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=378590
Seems to be a lot of whining and complaining over pretty minor nuisance issues. I mean this is a ~$20,000 car......not a ~$40,000 luxury car.
Look at the comparison. I see a lot of "My Infiniti did...My Acura did..." or "I cant stand the service I ended up buying Acura/Infiniti/Lexus". A lot of these people bought the wrong car in the first place.

Also you are on a car forum. People dont tend to look for information until they have a problem.

·
Registered
717 Posts
Very true Bearcat! I find the car to be a 10 our of 10 and would buy again. Again I paid $24K for a 4 door 5 star safety family sedan with a touch screen navigation unit, sunroof and 18" wheels with some of the best lines you can buy right now! That is why I love this car.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I agree. I am very happy. I got a lot of car for not a lot price. For a car with touch screen nav, back up camera, leather and all the other toys for low mid 20K I can put up with a rattle here and there and the sunglass holder occasionally coming down.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
"Hey guys I have been noticing some vibration from the rear of the car while cruising between 75-78 mph. I had the tires balanced at _______ 2 weeks ago and the car feels better but not perfect. I called the service advisor and he said the read out on the balance sheet showed that the tires were balanced perfectly but they will look at it again. Are there any other members who might have an idea of what else it could be? My issue is that I am going to have a set of 22's installed on Monday and I want to make sure nothing is wrong with the car itself because once the aftermarket wheels go on the dealership basically washes their hands of the vibration issues. The tires on the stock wheels are brand new and maybe have 1000 miles on them. Do you guys think its just a balance issue ??? "

the above came right from here: Complaint

so, i guess we don't have the 'perfect' car, but, from i can tell, there isn't anything that is either, and i am completely satisfied with my ride...

·
Registered
472 Posts
QUOTE (fear24 @ Dec 10 2010, 04:28 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=378616
"Hey guys I have been noticing some vibration from the rear of the car while cruising between 75-78 mph. I had the tires balanced at _______ 2 weeks ago and the car feels better but not perfect. I called the service advisor and he said the read out on the balance sheet showed that the tires were balanced perfectly but they will look at it again. Are there any other members who might have an idea of what else it could be? My issue is that I am going to have a set of 22's installed on Monday and I want to make sure nothing is wrong with the car itself because once the aftermarket wheels go on the dealership basically washes their hands of the vibration issues. The tires on the stock wheels are brand new and maybe have 1000 miles on them. Do you guys think its just a balance issue ??? "

the above came right from here: Complaint

so, i guess we don't have the 'perfect' car, but, from i can tell, there isn't anything that is either, and i am completely satisfied with my ride...
Check to see if you have the rubber gromets in the frame rail opennings. That was an issue for some in earlier posts a few months ago. I don't know if that is the issue or not but, it's worth a look. If any gromets are missing, go back to the dealer and have them installed...

·
Registered
675 Posts
QUOTE (Deech @ Dec 10 2010, 05:32 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=378630
Check to see if you have the rubber gromets in the frame rail opennings. That was an issue for some in earlier posts a few months ago. I don't know if that is the issue or not but, it's worth a look. If any gromets are missing, go back to the dealer and have them installed...
If you click the link marked "complaint" you'll see the point fear24 is trying to make. I don't want to give away the secret so you'll have to click to see for yourselves.

·
Registered
22 Posts
ok ill throw my opinion out there..

i work for honda i work on the line assembling the CRV, Accord Cross Tour, Element, and we will be getting the Acura RDX in our plant

we also use to assemble the Civic

i have been through 3 New model runs since i have been there.

your talking brand new body style, brand new chassis, etc..

like the sonata.. you are going to have issues with new models..

quality control in the plant is job #1 in any auto manufacturing plant..
we want to catch everything and anything before it heads out the door to the consumer.

the thing is.. you dont catch everything.. we can only control what we install..

if a part that gets sub assembled somewhere else and shipped to us to install isnt built right, put together properly, we wont know until its in your hand and starts making the rattle, or whatever..

thats what recalls, TSBs, etc are for.

everything is a learning process..

next years models will have less issues than this year..

there will never, and i promise you , never be a new model of a car coming out where there is no issues at all, its impossible.. i dont care what grade of materials, or what high end assembly process is used.. there will be atleast 1 car out of the 100k or so produced in one year that will have an issue..

either from a worker at the plant having an issue installing a part and messing something up, or from an outside manufacturer the company outsources there parts from that didnt do there job correctly.

i expected there to be issues with my sonata.. and i am pleased to say i have only the pulling left issue so far.
which in due time will be fixed. Hyundai will not let it go. they are a company that want to be taken serious and want to be in the ranks of honda and toyota. they have no reason to let issues go, and everythign to gain by treating there customers right.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I agree with you 100% sonatahyd.
I used to enjoy visiting this forum but now it's just depressing.
I think that people just don't realize what a great car they have for just $20k.

·
Banned
873 Posts
well just in case you guys didnt know the proper meaning of the term 'forum'
it is a place where people meet together and discuss about the particular topic or issues.
therefore --> people come here to ask questions regarding the car and also their personal experience related to the car

and to add to that it wouldnt be as depressing if the so called 'mods' here actually listened to the members and created classified sectors of discussion boards
wheels and tire/ exterior body/ general discussion for issues that people are having with the car.. pretty much the layout like millions of other automotive forums :/

just my message to all the mods that have ignored my idea, ill post publically..
Instead of wasting time and creating unnesessary divided boards of the yf sonatas hybrid/turbo and NA seperatly...... create classified sections for the soanta boards like i mentioned for more 'funness' :D, becuase it really looks like a mess with every discussion cramped into a giant pile of threads

/rant

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
QUOTE (hoblick @ Dec 11 2010, 01:26 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=378728
ok ill throw my opinion out there..

i work for honda i work on the line assembling the CRV, Accord Cross Tour, Element, and we will be getting the Acura RDX in our plant

we also use to assemble the Civic

i have been through 3 New model runs since i have been there.

your talking brand new body style, brand new chassis, etc..

like the sonata.. you are going to have issues with new models..

quality control in the plant is job #1 in any auto manufacturing plant..
we want to catch everything and anything before it heads out the door to the consumer.

the thing is.. you dont catch everything.. we can only control what we install..

if a part that gets sub assembled somewhere else and shipped to us to install isnt built right, put together properly, we wont know until its in your hand and starts making the rattle, or whatever..

thats what recalls, TSBs, etc are for.

everything is a learning process..

next years models will have less issues than this year..

there will never, and i promise you , never be a new model of a car coming out where there is no issues at all, its impossible.. i dont care what grade of materials, or what high end assembly process is used.. there will be atleast 1 car out of the 100k or so produced in one year that will have an issue..

either from a worker at the plant having an issue installing a part and messing something up, or from an outside manufacturer the company outsources there parts from that didnt do there job correctly.

i expected there to be issues with my sonata.. and i am pleased to say i have only the pulling left issue so far.
which in due time will be fixed. Hyundai will not let it go. they are a company that want to be taken serious and want to be in the ranks of honda and toyota. they have no reason to let issues go, and everythign to gain by treating there customers right.
yes, i do think people's expectations are way too high. anytime you see "my lexus didnt do this", etc., that is a clear indicator. That and what our friend here says about first-year new models is also very true. Believe me we are all going to be jealous of all the refinements the guys who buy next year or in three or four+ years are going to be getting. Not just features but also QC. You can *already* tell that Big H is on top of things since they have already done THREE major revisions in the first year alone!

I am very, very happy with my car and thats why I posted the positivity thread the other day, basically to balance out the problems threads. I am not trying to minimize the problems for I am sure they are very real and need to be addressed, just trying to balance with at least one "no problems!" thread... :)

·
Registered
486 Posts
Always welcome new observations, complaints, problems. (Never to old to learn something new)....

..BUT, the Pot stirrers should just keep the *%@K away...I suggest going to Complaintsboard.com and pedal your junk. I understand there are alike minds there that are happy to help you with with your cause.

[attachment=21714:pOT_STIRRER6.jpg]

......NOW back to our normal station and X-mas music.

Attachments

·
Registered
365 Posts
QUOTE (downhiller88 @ Dec 11 2010, 02:23 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=378744
and to add to that it wouldnt be as depressing if the so called 'mods' here actually listened to the members and created classified sectors of discussion boards
wheels and tire/ exterior body/ general discussion for issues that people are having with the car.. pretty much the layout like millions of other automotive forums :/

just my message to all the mods that have ignored my idea, ill post publically..
Instead of wasting time and creating unnesessary divided boards of the yf sonatas hybrid/turbo and NA seperatly...... create classified sections for the soanta boards like i mentioned for more 'funness' :D, becuase it really looks like a mess with every discussion cramped into a giant pile of threads

/rant
x2, I agree with you downhiller88, when I owned my Wrangler, I was a moderator on www.jk-forum.com, that site is laid out more efficiently. It seemed to be much easier to navigate with separate sections for modifications, pictures, writeups, and area forums.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts