Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I have been in communication with KDM Motors about the Ardo Body Kit $631.00usd (front/back lips, side skirts, and spoiler) Theirs prices aren't bad but the shipping is crazy expensive $785.00usd for air shipping, they mentioned that they were going to have a new option for delivery soon by boat and it will cost roughly around $400.00usd. Another option they mentioned is a few of us buy a few kits together and shipping it in one box and that would reduce the cost of shipping down to $200 per person assuming if we were to get 4 kits in one sell since they mentioned the package goes by "Premium shipping is charged by dimension not by weight, all your paying is for shipping for 1 item."

They did also mention that they were looking for U.S. sellers to sell this kit here if anyone know someone who would be interested in selling it. It would reduce the prices a lot buy doing so.

Is anyone interested or know another better method of acquiring this other than flying to Korea? These guys seem cool, the only issue the expense of shipping to the U.S.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here are more images of the Ardo Body Kit on our cars....

Attachments

·
Registered
150 Posts
Like the LED strip built into the fog light assembly. Do these function as DTRL or the fog lights proper? If they work in addition to the fogs did you run into any wiring issues. I have seen the advertising for them but they are identified as fog lights.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Like the LED strip built into the fog light assembly. Do these function as DTRL or the fog lights proper? If they work in addition to the fogs did you run into any wiring issues. I have seen the advertising for them but they are identified as fog lights.
My understanding is that these are the same fog lights as the 14 Accent will have. I bought a set for my daughter's '13 Accent to add to her car, but if the work on a GT, they will go on my car and she'll get my plain ones. I will add on a DTRL harness for the LED strip operate on the fog light, while the fog light is still controlled with the fog light switch.

·
Registered
790 Posts

You can buy them online, its Hyundai i30 foglights, not an option on the imported GT..

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well I got some good news from KDM Motors and this is what they had to say:

"Thanks for speaking for KDM MOTORS INC, we apreciate it ALOT!!

As mentioned and you already know, premium shipping is so expensive I know alot of customers hesitate from purchasing.

We are trying so hard to talk to DHL, FEDEX, UPS into cutting down
their price but they will only go down so much with their prices.

Currently we have a good relationship with DHL and so far they have
been giving us the cheapest price comparing to the other 2.

Were planning on having a meeting with DHL next week and talk them into cutting down the price a little bit more.

These are the reasons why we had to look for a diffrent method, which
we came up with Sea delievery. Well so far we have been talking to the shipping company and its def.
cheaper than DHL , etc..

Trust us we are working hard and trying to come up with a better
method for people around the world.

Its so stressful having these awesome parts in Korea and not being able
to share them with all the KDM owners around and let them just drool
over pictures online.

These are the reasons why Sooner in the near future we KDM MOTORS INC will relocate to America and cut out all the hassle and deal directly to our KDm customers, we seriously think this is the only way to survive and spread KDM!!"

I'm pretty amped about it!!!

The LED Fog lights do work as DRL and it needs to be spliced with the DRL headlights only to work properly. The regular fog lights stay connected to fog light harness (if your car has fog lights)

This kit is so nice on the GT :)

·
Registered
459 Posts
The LED DRL/halogen fogs are NOT a part of the body kit. The photos shown are a KDM/EUDM spec i30. In order to get the DRL/fog combo, you need to purchase them from a supplier that sells them.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I understand that part. I want to know if the assemblies are both LED's and Fogs or if the assemblies are LED's with dummy fogs. I know where to get them but don't want them unless they are combination units. Having the LED's as DTRL's would be a big step up with a lot of other vehicles but not at the expense of the loss of the fog lights.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Dummy units? No these aren't "dummy units". If you look at every website that sells them, they show the wiring in the back, which shows both get power. They're an upgrade that I can't wait for.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hi Mike

I don't have them yet, I showed them to highlight that we have options on our cars but most of these products are located in Korea, I have seen pics of white and yellow from Korea.

Personally, I would wire them into your DRL headlights (high beam lights) unless there is something else that is missing I don't know about but ultimately, these fog lights act as separate DRL and regular lights and they do sell them as a set and separate as well, be sure to get the right ones.

I hope it helps

Geo

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hi guys,
I have a good update from KDM Motors - they acquired a cheaper shipping method that doesn't involve shipping by boat, here's what they said from my email:

" Hello J.

How have you been, hope your doing well.

We wanted to tell you we have applied a new shipping method to our
company system.

At first we were going to aplly Sea delievery but we werent able to
work out a good price with the shipping company.

So we finally decided to aplly DHL CARGO, which is a airport to airport
ONLY service.

We can have it sent to your nearest major airport and you can actually
pick it up at the DHL office at the airport your self.

We have been having a hard time to choosing the most cheapest and
safest way for shipping and we have finally came up with a conclusion.

This method is the Cheapest so far with full insurance coverage just
incase of damage.

The only diffrence is you have to pick it up, but we think its worth
not paying the extra cash.

Once we apply ground service thats when the price goes rocket high!!! Im not even sure how DHL charges so much for ground delivery. And trust us we know its expensive and wish we can control it but we have to power over shipping price.

So just wanted to let you know this is the best way to have it sent to
you.

Once you confirm us we will go ahead and get the exact shipping quote for you ASAP from DHL CARGO, it should be alot cheaper than what we quoted you before.

If you can please spread the word for us, it helps alot for us.

Thanks.

KDM MOTORS INC "

Well, I'm waiting on him to get back to me with a quote since I live close to an airport, that shouldn't be an issue...

·
Registered
12 Posts
I was planning to buy one of the best in these through online shopping. I am searching for the details for best processing with in less time and effort. Any one experienced in this or having any suggestions about this please produce here with out hesitating. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Not yet, I'm saving my pennies to get the kit, I'm hoping by Christmas or so, also it gives more time for the seller to figure out cheaper shipping prices by then.... I sure want me this kit.....

·
Registered
75 Posts
Very Sharp

Love the spoiler. One thing this car has such fluidic lines it's easy to see how you could really turn it into something special.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts