Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2004 Santa Fe 3.5L engine. The engine hesitates and surges. There is a code P2127, which seems to indicate a problem with the accelerator pedal sensor. I pulled it and tested resistance. I know there are two sets of readings. Each is smooth across the range, but vary from each other. One goes from 380 to 5020 ohms, while the other reads from 150 to 5000 ohms. Is this within specs or should I change it? It's only available from the dealer at $65.

If not the APS, what else should I consider? I wriggled the wiring harness to no effect, and see no corrosion there. I tested the throttle position sensor readings, and that pair matches across the range. I also have codes P0431, 0421, 0441, and 0500, but those have been on for awhile with no apparent effect. Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I should mention also that the P0500 relates to the failure of the speedometer. It jumped around before stopping entirely, so I'm pretty sure that the gear on the VSS has worn away. I have a new one on order. Could that also give a P2127?

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
APS (below brake master on frame rail with cable attached) is a common replacement item.. seem to see them more when it cold out..

Couple yr ago, over 1 winter, I had almost 2 dozen of the aluminum bodies stripped for scrap..

If you bound and determined to test it (PCM logic already done your testing).. go to the Hyundaitechinfo site, sign up, and select DTC, then model, year, engine from drop down boxes, the select engine control, scroll down to specific code, select it, and read the pop-up

35357-3B011 is the part number I want to say (not sold 1 in a while),, retail approx $130, typically on shelf at Hyundai and Kia (Hyundai used it more than Kia)

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the help and the link to the site. I don't have a way to analyze the waveforms depicted, but I think they could hardly match with the measured resistance being different between the two rheostats. I'll have the dealer order the part (they don't keep them in stock, strangely). At least it'll be an easy replacement (already had it off twice to measure), unlike the vehicle speed sensor I just pulled. If Hyundai had to make that part so hard to reach, why did they use a plastic gear that wore away and stripped out? (Rhetorical question) Thanks again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts