Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think this deserves a separate post from the the original thread. The April update included TWO updates. One for November and one for April. If you removed the USB after updating once and did not let it continue for the second update, you need to run the update again to get the latest April update. The update will pick up from where it left off and proceed with the April update. It will take approximately 45 minutes. There are some changes.
C2D1FE09-66AA-4DB1-8AAC-F7E861218680.jpeg
336CDB57-77E4-4762-BB27-125AD534B91C.jpeg

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just noticed a big change in HDA. I drove for a good 10 minutes on HDA with my hands off the wheel and did not get the warning message to put my hands on the wheel. Never did get it. Finally pulled of the highway and canceled the function.

·
Registered
2020 Sonata SEL+ Glowing Yellow
7 Posts
Just noticed a big change in HDA. I drove for a good 10 minutes on HDA with my hands off the wheel and did not get the warning message to put my hands on the wheel. Never did get it. Finally pulled of the highway and canceled the function.
Really? I assumed that function was separated from the infotainment.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Interesting. I have not noticed any change in HDA. It only takes minor contact to make the car think you are paying attention. I counted up to 2 minutes once before the warning displayed, I think before doing any updates. I played with it this morning and sometimes I could get 30 seconds, other times over a minute. I know others reported that HDA was acting up after the update in some cities, I haven't seen any issues in the Boston area after trying for a few miles on multiple highways.

·
Registered
321 Posts
When I first got the car, I did many tests to try to figure out the timing for the steering warning. I don't think it is just a timer because sometimes I can go a very long time and sometimes I can only go a few seconds. Perhaps it warns more often when its doing a lot of turning vs on a straight road. Or maybe it is related to speed. who knows.

·
Registered
2020 Sonata Limited (Stormy Sea)
408 Posts
If there's a lot of wind pushing the car around, I've found this can be enough to fool the car into thinking you've got your hands on the wheel. Other times it goes off all the time. 🤷‍♂️

·
Registered
2012 Sonata 2.0t Ltd & 2020 Palisade Ltd
904 Posts
Some have reported that it lets you go hands-free longer if the road is straight.

·
Registered
2021 Sonata N-Line
170 Posts
New map, new gps, new radio display and new icons. May be more since I haven’t checked everything out yet.
I stopped after the first update install and lost the voice activated guidance feature. Did the update a second time several days late and the voice guidance feature returned.

·
Registered
2 Posts
That was prolly update got failed or USB pulled out before it made final finishes to files, happened to me once during august i think update. I redid the update and fixed the voice system for me during that time.

If it ever happens to you again, hope you try this than wait for next update to fix the broken functionality~

·
Registered
19 Posts
I just did the update on my 2021 hybrid limited. After getting back in the car and starting it I find that my home screen is extremely dark and most of it is impossible to see. I'm seeing the temperature and radio station on a far left and the clock and calendar in the upper right everything else is like it's in night mode and turn to extreme darkness. I have gone into this place settings and turn brightness all the way up and it's still like that. Did anyone else see a similar issue with the update?

·
Registered
2020 Sonata Limited
19 Posts
I just did the update on my 2021 hybrid limited. After getting back in the car and starting it I find that my home screen is extremely dark and most of it is impossible to see. I'm seeing the temperature and radio station on a far left and the clock and calendar in the upper right everything else is like it's in night mode and turn to extreme darkness. I have gone into this place settings and turn brightness all the way up and it's still like that. Did anyone else see a similar issue with the update?
Yes that is part of the April update. If you use the GPS you will be taken to the old style map. What you are seeing is basically a desktop/screensaver.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Yes that is part of the April update. If you use the GPS you will be taken to the old style map. What you are seeing is basically a desktop/screensaver.
Thanks for the reply - wow, that is really dark. In daytime driving, the only reason I had a clue that there was a map on the right side is that I saw the arrow icon for the car. I was sure I would be taking my 4-day old car in for service... Kinda sorry that i was in such a hurry to update, but I guess I would have eventually anyway. Hopefully, we get some theme options or something in the next update.... thanks again.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Just to add something new... I noticed while driving in the daytime my "home" screen (left most screen) is very dark, with a very dark black and blue map that is hard for me to see. When I drove under an overpass, the map turned light - to the same colors I have set for my map. It seems like it is turning "day" mode on when the car was in the dark. I haven't driven at night yet, but I assume it would act the same. This seems like the reverse of what it should be. Is anyone else seeing this? I can't find a setting for that anywhere. A software bug, maybe?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Some have reported that it lets you go hands-free longer if the road is straight.
On my way to work, there's a 5 mile stretch of interstate that's completely straight. Most days I can go the whole way without getting the warning. Once I hit the curve at the end, the warning comes on almost instantly.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts