·
Registered
2021 Sonata N-Line
106 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Sonata N-Line
106 Posts
As a three year BlueLink subscriber I asked my dealer service manager if they provided the nav update as part of the BlueLink service. He indicated they would order the updated thumb drive and install for $25. Of course I can order the nav update thumb drive online for $25 plus $10 shipping. Or purchase a SanDisk 64GB Cruzer USB 2.0 Flash Drive for $16 and do the download to my Windows PC then upload to the thumb drive and then upload to the vehicle nav system. I went through this goat rope with my 2017 Sonata and it is a very laborious process. Since I have the November 2020 update factory installed in my 2021 N Line I may just skip this update.

·
Registered
313 Posts
I was hoping this was going to add Wireless AA. oh well.
I skipped the last update, not sure if I'm going to bother with this one.
I assume you can just install this one and don't have to install the old one first.
It would also be nice if there were a way to install this update without leaving your engine on.

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
I was hoping this was going to add Wireless AA. oh well.
I skipped the last update, not sure if I'm going to bother with this one.
I assume you can just install this one and don't have to install the old one first.
It would also be nice if there were a way to install this update without leaving your engine on.
yah, use a battery charger, and use accessory. i just did it. dont forget to disable the shutdown in 30 min, or it will never finish. also, i put in the thumb drive, and it just started by itself. IT IS ALIVE

·
Registered
56 Posts
yah, use a battery charger, and use accessory. i just did it. dont forget to disable the shutdown in 30 min, or it will never finish. also, i put in the thumb drive, and it just started by itself. IT IS ALIVE
What do you find different?

·
Registered
2020 Sonata Limited (Stormy Sea)
84 Posts
I drove around while it updated. It took exactly 50 minutes:

Success message:
IMG_0413.jpeg

It changed my units from mph to km/h, which persisted after restarting my car:
IMG_0412.jpeg

After reverting units to mph, I checked all the other settings. No other settings were changed.

·
Registered
109 Posts

Success message:
View attachment 456542

View attachment 456543

After reverting units to mph, I checked all the other settings. No other settings were changed.

Success message:
View attachment 456542

View attachment 456543

that gauge cluster is completely different from my N Line (not just the metric aspect). Is this what it would look like on an N line as well? Anyone with an N Line do the update yet?

·
Registered
84 Posts
that gauge cluster is completely different from my N Line (not just the metric aspect). Is this what it would look like on an N line as well? Anyone with an N Line do the update yet?
Here's what it looked like a few updates ago, in May 2020:
20200527_230509.jpg

When you switch back to MPH, the numbers in the speedometer are much more sparse.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I don't have a full screenshot of my cluster, but here's part of it which I'm not sure if this is going to change..

·
Registered
84 Posts
I don't have a full screenshot of my cluster, but here's part of it which I'm not sure if this is going to change..
Ooooo... I like that more than my non-N Line Sonata. That must be exclusive to N Line trim. I doubt your gauge cluster will change from these software updates.

·
Registered
2020 Sonata Limited (Portofino Gray)
3 Posts
Performed the update this morning.
Still no AA widescreen support.
That's very disappointing.

·
Registered
109 Posts
My current software version is: DN8.USA.S5W_M.V004.001.20105
I don't see that on the list of eligible vehicles, or is that what it would upgrade it to? This is very confusing.

1 - 20 of 130 Posts