Hyundai Forums banner

101 - 114 of 114 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Santa Fe Limited 2.0T AWD Stormy Sea
381 Posts
I only put 2 channels out of numerical order and I didn't even realize that they had been put back to ascending order. That stinks. Hyundai needs to address this ASAP. Sorry for the bad info.
I had car radios back in the day that had physical mechanical buttons for setting stations ( the kind where you tune the station, pull out the pushbutton, and then push it back in) and you could do those out of order. Honestly all of my cars had this capability.

·
Registered
2019 Santa Fe Ultimate 2.0T HTRAC
1,256 Posts
Step #2 in post 87, another option is put car in accessory mode (engine not running). But definitely don't start the engine during the update to avoid potential interfere from electrical spike when the starter is engaged. It your are driving, turn off ISG. My 2 cents.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
I had car radios back in the day that had physical mechanical buttons for setting stations ( the kind where you tune the station, pull out the pushbutton, and then push it back in) and you could do those out of order. Honestly all of my cars had this capability.
That increases cost, drops profit margin, who wants that? :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
2020 Santa Fe Limited 2.0T Awd
812 Posts
Was this issue fixed with the re-released update? I still cannot rewind SXM like I used to be able to.
That is one thing I forgot to test. I will have to test the next time I get in the car and get back to you.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The latest update has a bug with SXM. Hyundai is working on a fix and will release another update.
I hope you are right. I have 2018 Tucson and lost the ability to go back and play previous songs on SXM with the latest update. I used this feature all the time. Now once I leave a station it resets the timer and I can't go back up to 60 minutes like I used to. Thanks for posting this

·
Registered
22 Posts
You are the one who determines the address you save as HOME. In other words, change it if you like.

There are plenty of folks out there who foolishly leave their cars running while they “just pop into a 7/11.” A thief doesn’t need the key to steal that vehicle since it is already running. Thus, your nightmare scenario is possible it would seem.
Yup, you can call BlueLink and they can stop the car and locate it quickly before they strip it.

·
Registered
22 Posts
No problem. Yea. I Don't like it either. I'm thinking that it will remain this way though....since it has been this way since the last update.
I think they may have done it to remind you to use voice control and not take your eyes off the road to look down, take a hand off the wheel to press the preset.

Now, that's what I would do as an engineer, what Hyundai is/was thinking well....???

·
Registered
22 Posts
There is no way SCC is part of the NAV software.
Err, yes they are. I have on older update and they had those in plain text for the 2018 SF. I peruised all the folder structures and there were updates for modem, head unit, SCC and others. I just checked the latest update for the 2021. It looks like the head unit has more smarts. All the files are now compressed in using tar.

So I uncompressed them and there are updates for head unit, SCC, Maps, Navi, etc all in there. Looks like the entire car operating system is in there. I didn't do all of them so I don't know about the ECC as that might be for dealer access only.

I can only hope that the new Dashboard someone showed above is also in this update.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
It might have some map data that is used by the hwy assist (?) feature in the 2021. I'm was referring to the control code, that no way it is part of NAV.

·
Registered
812 Posts
I think they may have done it to remind you to use voice control and not take your eyes off the road to look down, take a hand off the wheel to press the preset.

Now, that's what I would do as an engineer, what Hyundai is/was thinking well....???
But you have to take a hand off the wheel to push the button for voice control.....It would be quicker and safer just to use the steering wheel control and go to the presets the way you arranged (and memorized) them.

·
Registered
812 Posts
I tested out the SCC this afternoon and it does seem to operate more smoothly. It doesn’t slam on the brakes as hard when a jerk jumps in front of you...at least when they aren't too close.

Hopefully it's not just a placebo, but really operating better. I might use it more often. It's more enjoyable!

I also tested the rewind function of SXM and it does look like when you change the channel it switches back to the live stream, instead of where you left off.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
I applied the xm radio patch. Sad to report the rewinding satellite radio is now limited to the listening station.
iirc...the older version recorded all the satellite radio favor stations, could rewind anyone.
Also, the old version favor list was long. It seems the new version is limited to only 12. I didn't try to go beyond that so i might be wrong on this one.

101 - 114 of 114 Posts