Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 114 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Santa Fe Limited 2.0T Awd
812 Posts
Booooo 👎 at the updated GUI theme. I like the way the icons look in the current 8.4 screens. Everything looks too similar with the new setup. They also didn't mention adding back the ability to re-arrange the presets.

Anyone that has installed the new update, let us know if they added that functionality back.

Also wondering how auto brightness is considered new....hasn't that already been there?

·
Registered
2019 Santa Fe Ultimate 2.0T HTRAC
1,256 Posts
Looks like a major update. I'll try tonight. Hope someone can comment before that.

·
Registered
2021 Santa Fe Calligraphy
61 Posts
I haven't updated yet but I read through the list of changes. Why would they change the navigation "Pause" function to a "Cancel" function, and then require a long press on "Cancel" to invoke a "Pause"--which is the opposite of how it works now? The current way makes more sense to me anyway... Plus, I thought they were supposed to bring back the 3-part home screen split (e.g., map/radio/weather) or the rearrange radio presets that apparently were in the previous S/W version.

It sounds like the S/W and H/W engineers degrade the vehicle with each "updated" version of S/W and H/W...

·
Registered
190 Posts
You all were petitioning Hyundai to change the GUI and instead they expanded it to more nav units. So much for that. ;)

·
Registered
12 Posts
So, I applied the update and all the features in the release notes appear to be there and working.... BUT, my cluster is now all in metric (KPH) instead of SAE (MPH) I can't find a place anywhere in the settings to switch it back and don't see anything in the owners manual. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My wife has the SF at Costco now or I could tell you..

Downloading the update now to my computer......

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Booooo 👎 at the updated GUI theme. I like the way the icons look in the current 8.4 screens. Everything looks too similar with the new setup. They also didn't mention adding back the ability to re-arrange the presets.

Anyone that has installed the new update, let us know if they added that functionality back.

Also wondering how auto brightness is considered new....hasn't that already been there?
Auto brightness is new to some.

That is a generic explanation, some don't apply to some!!!!

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
I still have the April 2020 version. Will this update complete within 30mins of my office trip?

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
I doubt it. Mine took around 45 minutes to update.
Updated it on the way to work, 25 mins max (probably 20 mins because it took me a bit longer to remove the old card and insert the new one). I was afraid I need to idle on the parking lot. I was also one version behind.

1 - 20 of 114 Posts