Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if the iPhone iOS upgrade that is supposed to work in cars via Siri or Android, will work in the Santa Fe? Like suri in the sound - like talking and texting??

Thanks

·
Registered
208 Posts
I believe Siri does play through the car speakers if connected via Bluetooth or USB, but you have to activate Siri manually from your phone.

I believe what you are referring to though is the new Siri "Eyes Free" mode which is currently only available in the Chevy Spark and Chevy Sonic.

Hyundai announced in the early part of this year that they will support it, but haven't said when or in which models.
Here is the link to a news article (note that you will have to remove the space in the first part of the link): ht tp://appleinsider.com/articles/13/01/07/hyundai-announces-support-for-apples-siri-eyes-free

·
Registered
759 Posts
This article is talking about apple iOS 6... But I'm assuming your talking about the new iOS 7 coming out Sept 18th?
There hasn't been too many details on the iOS other then what it will do for the phones itself.... Can't say what will happen in the SFS(yet)

·
Registered
208 Posts
This article is talking about apple iOS 6... But I'm assuming your talking about the new iOS 7 coming out Sept 18th?
There hasn't been too many details on the iOS other then what it will do for the phones itself.... Can't say what will happen in the SFS(yet)
Actually the article is not talking about iOS 6. It's talking about "Siri Eyes Free" (which was first announced at the unveiling of iOS 6).

I wouldn't expect any new features with iOS 7 as far as the SFS goes. If anything there may be some glitches with current features (as often happens when Apple releases a new version).

·
Registered
181 Posts
I couldn't say if it will come to this generation of Santa Fe or not. Nuance and Hyundai did show off new tech at CES and some press release talk about some new stuff coming but they don't confirm to what vehicles and when. My assumption would be if there was a major upgrade for the current system they would charge a fee for it.

Dragon Drive is customized to each manufacture so they may opt for some features and decide against others. It would certainly be possible to have both Siri Eyes Free and the Dragon Assistant for Android display on the car screen.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
As far as I know, Hyundai is not really supporting any full Android Integration on their cars. I have a 2013 Azera. I tried to see how a Samsung Galaxy would work, and while the car will connect via bluetooth streaming, there is no option to control the Android device via USB. You also cannot get the music metadata.

When using an iPhone, you get all of the metadata, plus the ability to control playlists, etc.

If anyone has a different experience, please post.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I have the Tech package, and a Galaxy S3. When hooked up via Bluetooth, I get play/pause, and full text metadata (no image).

All of my mp3 music is on my USB thumb drive, so for my phone, I primary listen to NPR pod casts. I haven't really played with Pandora or other streaming music just yet. (Only had it a month so far)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts