Hyundai Forums banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Apple carplay software update 2015 Sonata Limited

Hello everyone, I am new to the forum (as of today)!

I just, finally, got through the VIN clearing process on my 2015 Sonata Limited and wanted to install apple carplay. However, I can't find the download link anymore. After speaking with a Hyundai Bluelink rep, it seems they have removed the download link from the myhundai.com website for some reason. So, I have been on the hunt to find a different way of getting the update file.

Do you (or anyone else) still have the download files from when you updated your 2015 Sonata Limited? I am a software engineer and, therefore, very tech savvy and I think I would be able to make the update work with my car - or, at least, I would like to try as I have no other option at the moment.

Would you be willing to send me all of the files related to the apple carplay update if you still have them? Is it just the Vin#.exe file? Or were there other files, like configuration files, etc?

I really appreciate any help you can give me as I have been wanting to get carplay on my car for a while now!
You found Apple CarPlay files?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Anyone found the apple carplay download? Please post here for the rest of us.

I have a 2016 sonata, and all I can find on websites is to download to an SD card, and it keeps saying it is free. I have no SD card slot in my car and no option for download on myhyundai.com. And the dealer is going to charge over $100 to do it. Really? this is not fair at all. Please someone send me the download and I can try it using the USB port. HELP HELP

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Perhaps I'm remembering wrong, but I remember the 2016 HSH only had a 5" display on the entertainment system -- one that is not compatible with Android Auto or Apple CarPlay -- unless you had the Ultimate Package that included Navigation (and the 8" display). If I'm remembering correctly, the 8" display has an SD card slot on the dash for the maps and, if you don't have that display and SD card slot then your system is not compatible.

·
Registered
2 Posts
That's weird. If I go to apps, the android auto is there, but yes no SD card slot. How could I have android auto and not the nav system?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I had a 2015 Sonata Limited that I had installed the upgrade to get Apple CarPlay/Android Auto on that car and it worked great. I have the file still that I downloaded via "MyHyundai" which was the Vin#.exe

Now I bought a used 2016 Sonata Hybrid and need to install the update as well. However, since the VIN# wasn't cleared by previous owner I have to wait at least a month for all the paperwork required + Hyundai response to get my vehicle registered in MyHyundai to download the file.

Any Chance I can use the Vin#.exe from my 2015 to mod the SD card from the Hybrid???

Anyone successfully tried this?
I had a 2015 Sonata Limited that I had installed the upgrade to get Apple CarPlay/Android Auto on that car and it worked great. I have the file still that I downloaded via "MyHyundai" which was the Vin#.exe

Now I bought a used 2016 Sonata Hybrid and need to install the update as well. However, since the VIN# wasn't cleared by previous owner I have to wait at least a month for all the paperwork required + Hyundai response to get my vehicle registered in MyHyundai to download the file.

Any Chance I can use the Vin#.exe from my 2015 to mod the SD card from the Hybrid???

Hello, would you mind PMing me your 2015 sonata download file(s)? I would really appreciate it.

Thanks!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Anyone found the apple carplay download? Please post here for the rest of us.

I have a 2016 sonata, and all I can find on websites is to download to an SD card, and it keeps saying it is free. I have no SD card slot in my car and no option for download on myhyundai.com. And the dealer is going to charge over $100 to do it. Really? this is not fair at all. Please someone send me the download and I can try it using the USB port. HELP HELP
I wasn’t able to find a dealer that could do it either. Most don’t even know what I’m talking about. What did you tell them?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm still pretty confused on how this update would work. I just got a 2016 Sonata Limited and I have just the default navigation--I'm assuming its the Android Auto. If I were to get a download, I can then choose to use the Apple CarPlay? I went to the mapnsoft site and I have to download it on a windows machine?! I need to download Apple software, using a non Mac?

Salesman even told me "sorry, no CarPlay on this model" so like, he was lying through his teeth?
smh

·
Registered
246 Posts
I'm still pretty confused on how this update would work. I just got a 2016 Sonata Limited and I have just the default navigation--I'm assuming its the Android Auto. If I were to get a download, I can then choose to use the Apple CarPlay? I went to the mapnsoft site and I have to download it on a windows machine?! I need to download Apple software, using a non Mac?

Salesman even told me "sorry, no CarPlay on this model" so like, he was lying through his teeth?
smh
Android Auto / Apple CarPlay are totally different apps from the Hyundai Navigation (Maps) software installed in some cars depending on options purchased with the vehicle. Does your car have factory Navigation? Do you see App options for Android Auto or Apple CarPlay on the Large display screen in the center of the dash?

When I bought my CPO 2016 HSH Ltd. with Ultimate package in May of 2018, it had no CarPlay app installed. I was able to install it myself from the myHyundai.com website. Have you registered your new purchase by VIN number on the myHyundai.com website? Here is a link as to how it is supposed to work. I have seen other forum posts that say Hyundai took down the self install software updates for some reason. I am not certain on that though.

https://owners.hyundaiusa.com/us/en/resources/multimedia-and-navigation/how-to-begin-with-apple-car-play.html

·
Registered
3 Posts
@bdahl385 i do see the android auto icon in the main list of the menu screen.
I have the same car as you except mine isn't a hybrid. Ultimate package and whatnot.
I visited that link a month ago and I saw that the download isn't there anymore. That's what I was confused that if I paid the $175 at the mapnsoft website, would I just be updating a feature I don't want to use in the first place? 😩

·
Registered
246 Posts
@anidee I am not sure what Hyundai is up to. The MapSoft update has to be paid for and updates the head unit (car multi media player) with new software and new map information. This is a paid service (around $150 I believe). The software update to just modify the existing software on the head unit for Apple CarPlay and Android Auto was a free self install process in June of 2018 when I did mine. The myHyundai website told me I had an available software update available for my auto and I followed the process to install it. If i remember correctly, I removed the SD card from the car radio slot, downloaded the file from the website to my PC, extracted the file from the PC to the SD card (I used a USB dongle that had slots for various flash storage media) and then reinstalled into the car and ran the update software process. This is how it worked last year.

From what others have said though, Hyundai no longer posts the link to the software file anymore. I am not sure how they are expecting owners to upgrade the software unless they now only offer a paid service either at the dealer or thru the MapSoft people. I would contact Hyundai national customer support (not your local dealer) and see if they offer any advice.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thank you for the info. Looks like I'll just chalk it up and pay the price. :rolleyes:
I didn't think getting what I wanted in a prev owned vehicle would be so inconvenient.

·
Registered
1 Posts

Would you be willing to send me all of the files related to the apple carplay update if you still have them?
my [email protected]

21 - 33 of 33 Posts