Hyundai Forums banner

21 - 40 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'd like to see if it can be installed in my 16 with Nav.... can someone send either the image of the SD card or a file to download it? Or post publicly?

·
Registered
335 Posts
I shared the .DMG that initiates the file downloads via PM to someone that requested but haven't heard anything since. You are welcome to download and run it (It's a Mac DMG, not for PC). Instructions called for putting your SD Card in your computer then running this file. Do so at your own risk. This is the file generated for my 2017 Santa Fe SE Ultimate with Tech Pkg. Also worth noting is the download for me was only about 1GB; i've seen others claim 20GB so I think they may have required much more of an update than from the more recent models.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/12463546/KM8SRDHF1HU181320.dmg

·
Registered
20 Posts
I can listen to siruis with android auto. So I can only assume it will work the same on Apple.
I have to say this is my favorite feature in this vehicle also the sunroof.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
50 Posts
I was told the 2016 8" nav unit is Windows CE based and might never get Android auto or Apple carplay. The 2017 Santa Fe nav unit is built on Android. They are not investing resources in Windows CE.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I personally am not using Car Play. I am unable to disable it when my phone is connected, even when I go into the settings on my phone and selected disable car play. Annoying as **** when I want to switch Apps. Car Play always kicks in and interrupts the radio. I'll probably erase the file and put Android back on the card.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I was told the 2016 8" nav unit is Windows CE based and might never get Android auto or Apple carplay. The 2017 Santa Fe nav unit is built on Android. They are not investing resources in Windows CE.
That sucks. I just bought a new to me 2016 last week and was hoping for an update in the future. The good thing is that google is releasing an update to android auto for the phones and you won't need a compatible stereo.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Just got the file from a kind forum member and it worked! Can confirm that it’s not VIN specific.

If anyone needs it just PM me, it’s only 1.5mb (the file is an installer than downloads the update directly to your memory card).

CarPlay is great!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Just got the file from a kind forum member and it worked! Can confirm that it’s not VIN specific.

If anyone needs it just PM me, it’s only 1.5mb (the file is an installer than downloads the update directly to your memory card).

CarPlay is great!

yay! could you share a link, say via: uploadfiles.io
& post the link here?

(i've tried to PM you, but i'm too new :(

21 - 40 of 52 Posts