Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I am posting as last resort as I have not been able to find a dealer that has an archive copy of the software update to get apple carplay on the 2017 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport 7" DisplayAudio without navigation. I did search threads but did not see anything recent for this model.

My one year old Elantra was totaled last week so I decided to move into a larger vehicle and purchased this on Monday as a certified preowned and was told by the dealer that I just needed to log into myhyundai, get the software download then install via usb. After several calls and learning that the mapnsoft only works for the models with SD cards, Hyundai basically said sorry we dont have the update on the website for you anymore so call around and see if a dealer has a copy of the archive which I've had no success with.

I can't imagine driving this thing for the next 5+ years without apple carplay so I'm hoping some kind soul has a copy of the software update that I can get. Otherwise, this radio is getting ripped out and I'm not a huge fan of the aftermarket look or cost.

Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
Same issue here. 7-inch display audio without nav (no SD). Desperate for carplay and everything I'm reading says it's possible in my 2017 santa fe. Dealers in my area are no help. I attempted to download an update with nav files to a USB drive but the head unit doesn't read the files when I attempt to install the update.

Any guidance is much appreciated

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've been trying to solve this for over a year, and I've seen a lot of people also looking for this, so I finally solved it and thought I'd post in case it helps anyone else. I bought my 2017 Santa Fe used, and had an Android at the time, but bought an iPhone only to find that the CarPlay update had never been applied. I called every dealership to be told they didn't have the file anymore, and one inquiry at Hyundai came back saying they couldn't help. I tried again, and they weren't any help, but pointed me at a webpage where I pulled a "hail Mary" and tried a file that didn't exactly match, and IT WORKED.

YMMV, but here's the deets. MY Software version: NC.USA.0000.V067.151029 and Firmware Version: MICOM.ST.NC.USA.192.20151026. I do NOT have a maps/navigation feature.

I went to update.hyundai .com and clicked "Notifications" and selected "Display Audio Software Update" (17-Feb-2021) and downloaded the Audio Gen1 update for the 2019 Santa Fe (7+ seat) style car (no, mine is not 7+ seat but the SW version was closest to mine). The SW version on that file was NC.USA.SOP.V108.201102 ... I put it on a flash drive, and did the update through the setup feature on the head unit. Took a REALLY long time, about 30 min total. DO NOT turn it off or pull the flash unit, even if it seems frozen.

Works like a champ now. Full (wired) CarPlay, Waze, Pandora, Spotify, etc.

As usual, try at your own risk... brick your unit it's on you. :) Good luck!

·
Registered
471 Posts
I got the same issue with my 2017 Elantra (Canadian Version)... On the Canadian side of the same site, their are NO NON NAV updates available, but I know Hyundai is updating the head units for CND cars as I had a problem with the head unit in my 2019 Santa Fe (Non NAV) and it was replaced, and the new(refurbished) head unit has the latest version of software V115... Yet the Hyundai update site has NO UPDATES FOR ANY CND vehicles!..

HYUNDAI CANADA REALLY SUCKS BIG B*LLS ON THIS ISSUE!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts