Hyundai Forums banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
I am fed up with our 2017 Santa Fe for most pathetic performance of connecting to android Auto as well as Air play. Hyundai had done horrible job on programming and hardware on their car. I contacted the techies of Hundai who had no clue about the problem. Dealer service department also has no clue. I went with change of more than 20 connecting cords and five cell phones. I will not buy any Hyundai.

·
Registered
‘19 Santa Fe Ultimate 2.0T; ‘22 Tucson Limited 2.5
2,388 Posts
I am fed up with our 2017 Santa Fe for most pathetic performance of connecting to android Auto as well as Air play. Hyundai had done horrible job on programming and hardware on their car. I contacted the techies of Hundai who had no clue about the problem. Dealer service department also has no clue. I went with change of more than 20 connecting cords and five cell phones. I will not buy any Hyundai.
Thanks for visiting the forum for the newest Tucson model. Why are you here?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Have you tried the pinhole reset in the head unit?

Also, try to remove the phone from your stored phones and go into the CarPlay® settings General->Carplay and and also remove the Tuscon. Then re-add the phone back as if it was a new phone.

Just throwing a couple things out as it seems you're on it now and might save you some drive time.

Let us know, most people have reported that 15 fixed their issues. I only have wired which works great so I can't test the wireless myself.
I had done all of it. I had also installed the upgraded version of Android Auto. I had tried several connection cords and five different cell phones. 2017 Hyundai Santa Fe sport is pathetic. Dealer is giving one stereo type answer of changing the cord. Hyundai Tech supports does not have any clue. I am fed up

·
Registered
2022 Tucson SEL
2,289 Posts
Is anyone else experiencing difficulty with the Apple car play besides me. Can’t get Waze up on the screen or messages. I have been told that it is a software issue but come on. I only have 1800 kilometres on my car and I seriously don’t have that need car feeling
Funny you should bring this up. I’d like to know as well. I’ve had fits with it myself.

But for now it is working OK. I strongly doubt that it will continue to be OK.

I think there is a software problem.

Example: I was walking up to the door and the deck lid popped open. I was not next to the deck lid so I turned off the automatic opening. With it turned off, apply pressure to the bottom switch for about three seconds until the car beeps three times.

Example #2: I’m tinkering with trying to open the deck lid and the windows inside the car go down. I don’t think they are supposed to do that.

I got the manuals out. To be honest new owners should be sent to a training session to learn all this computer wizardry. Made my hair hurt reading this mumbo-jumbo.

This morning.: My CarPlay connects wirelessly to my iPhone to display as we leave for breakfast. It automatically filled in our intended destination. These things are getting a little too smart to suit me.

Then we get into the car and it puts into the map where we are going next. I didn't realize it was also capable of mind reading as well.

Now if it will stop lowering the windows when I am trying to open the deck lid that would be nice.

Hyundai has a software issue and far too much complication. The dealer is covered up so I know they won’t be able to get to it anytime soon. And what could they do anyway? It will take a factory rep, I’m sure.

·
Registered
2022 Tucson Limited/Quartz White
63 Posts
Funny you should bring this up. I’d like to know as well. I’ve had fits with it myself.

But for now it is working OK. I strongly doubt that it will continue to be OK.

I think there is a software problem.

Example: I was walking up to the door and the deck lid popped open. I was not next to the deck lid so I turned off the automatic opening. With it turned off, apply pressure to the bottom switch for about three seconds until the car beeps three times.

Example #2: I’m tinkering with trying to open the deck lid and the windows inside the car go down. I don’t think they are supposed to do that.

I got the manuals out. To be honest new owners should be sent to a training session to learn all this computer wizardry. Made my hair hurt reading this mumbo-jumbo.

This morning.: My CarPlay connects wirelessly to my iPhone to display as we leave for breakfast. It automatically filled in our intended destination. These things are getting a little too smart to suit me.

Then we get into the car and it puts into the map where we are going next. I didn't realize it was also capable of mind reading as well.

Now if it will stop lowering the windows when I am trying to open the deck lid that would be nice.

Hyundai has a software issue and far too much complication. The dealer is covered up so I know they won’t be able to get to it anytime soon. And what could they do anyway? It will take a factory rep, I’m sure.
The window function on the key fob is an intended feature. Do a forum search and you'll find a bunch of posts.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts