Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, anyone out there got a tucson 18 reg with the apple car play? My question is: without connecting your phone via the usb to use appl car play and just having the phone on bluetooth- can you use the voice recognision button ( the white face ) and use the voice commands to make a call? When i do this i get no beep or please say a command and a message comes up on my media centre saying it needs to be connected to usb and apple car play for this- trouble is i then cant use bluetooth to make a call and can only use siri to do this IF its connected to the intenet which i dont want to do as i dont have data on my phone! Was not told about this at point if sale! So is everyone elses car the same ir have i git a faulty one? Thank you in advance

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have a 2015 Sonata, but I expect the voice command button works the same way. If you press the voice button briefly (less than 1 second), you should get a response telling you to "say a command". If you hold the button a bit longer, you'll get Siri coming up.

You should be able to press the voice button so Siri comes up and say "call Fred" or "text Alice" with the phone connected by Bluetooth.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts