Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, i've got some new tires ordered, giving Kuhmo PA31's a try in 215/50/17.

Apparently, looks like i'll be adding a new rim on the front passenger side to go along with those tires.....

Hit a few pot holes that opened up between DC and Tn back in early january on a work trip. looks like one of those was a little more than i thought or i just caught it just right.

Looks like i've been driving on this for about 2000 miles.... i'm shocked its still holding air and hasn't blown out yet.

i looked at the tire during the trip when i had hit a few holes on the highway, but it was dark, didn't notice anything there and don't walk on the passenger side much....sort of stunned at this point.

Attachments

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, i found a guy here who deals in replacement wheels for some of the local tire shops. he had a good rep with people i trust and who have used him and had good luck. i've got a replacement wheel on the way for $170 to my door (actually getting delivered to local tire shop where my tires are waiting...)....

i was just sharing because i was shocked over the look of the tire and rim and the fact it hasn't let go yet.... thought others would enjoy seeing

·
Registered
548 Posts
Good to know for my own driving. :/ Glad you never had to deal with while driving. (Causing a wreck, ect.)

·
Registered
952 Posts
I might want to take a closer look at mine, as I have hit a few lately.

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
Wow! Glad for you that it didn't fail since the incident. Crazy how a pothole can compress the sidewall enough to crack the rim and still leave the tire serviceable!

·
22,793 Posts
Unbelievable. No sense buying a lottery ticket. You already won! You're alive to post this!

·
Registered
55 Posts
The integrity of these wheels are pretty remarkable.
When I first took them off and saw the cowbells I was surprised.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts