Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2002 Sonata 2.4L GL A/T, 2007 Tucson 2.0L
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been wondering if I'm getting misfires, but the conditions aren't quite right to get a code.

I've got both a scantool and also a clone VCI. There's only 1 piece of data that shows when I try to look at mode $06 on my scantool so it seems useless. With my VCI, I see many live data choices but nothing for misfire counters.

I was sure the VCI would have something for misfire counters. It sucks since it shows misfire counters for each cylinder on my 07 Tucson.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I've been wondering if I'm getting misfires, but the conditions aren't quite right to get a code.

I've got both a scantool and also a clone VCI. There's only 1 piece of data that shows when I try to look at mode $06 on my scantool so it seems useless. With my VCI, I see many live data choices but nothing for misfire counters.

I was sure the VCI would have something for misfire counters. It sucks since it shows misfire counters for each cylinder on my 07 Tucson.
I think you guys are fortunate enough up there to have OBD2 system on your EF Sonatas, so I'm assuming that your scan tools can do full system scans, but in Australia, our EFs were still OBD1, and the Foxwell ET2530 (NT530 or 510 in US language) was one of the few scanners that will give us the full manufacturer's code diagnostics at an affordable price (regardless of whether the car is OBD1 vs 2).

Not sure if that helps you at all.

·
Registered
721 Posts
I am using an OBDII Bluetooth reader and Android phone with Torque (paid). It can see most of the things.
Also I have a more expensive reader, but that's not needed most of the time. Autel MaxDiag MD808 Pro.

·
Registered
2002 Sonata 2.4L GL A/T, 2007 Tucson 2.0L
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am using an OBDII Bluetooth reader and Android phone with Torque (paid). It can see most of the things.
Also I have a more expensive reader, but that's not needed most of the time. Autel MaxDiag MD808 Pro.
What year do you own and can you see misfire data? Also, what Bluetooth device did you get?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts