Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Say I step on the gas, the car will hesitate for a second then accelerate. Anyway to get rid of that easily?

·
Registered
337 Posts
maybe tps?......hah remember these cars have fly by wire throttle so generally anything less then like 75% input wont get it to really move that throttle butterfly for it to open up

·
Registered
108 Posts
Push the ESC Off button, and confirm the stability control is "off" when the indicator lights up in the instrument cluster. Then try accelerating from a stop again and see if it still hesitates.

Edit: if the hesitation you mentioned is at speed and it's taking a while for the transmission to downshift, trying draining and re-filling the transmission a couple times using a full synthetic fluid compatible with SP-III (will say so on the bottle).

·
Registered
241 Posts
I've driven a few Hyundai's with the 3.3L and know exactly what the OP is talking about. They have terrible throttle response...just enough to make driving them feel sort of awkward and harsh feeling (Head snaps back when it finally decided to go).

For some reason the response in the Electric Throttle Body in these cars is terrible. My 2.4 isn't as bad, but I still will sometimes take off from a dead stop a little harder than I should because I keep pushing on the accelerator expecting the thing to move.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Say I step on the gas, the car will hesitate for a second then accelerate. Anyway to get rid of that easily?
With my 2.4, I get that lag from a stop, but only when the AC is on. If I turn it off, lag is pretty much gone. Could it be that simple?

·
Registered
53 Posts
I've always had that lag with my 3.3 V6. It's always been there, so I chocked it up to a slower throttle response then most cars. I've since gotten used to it after nearly 150k miles.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts