Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
817 Posts
Here's three:

I think the Iridescent Silver Blue Pearl is similar to some of the other "color changing" paints -

Sometimes you'll see a Silver Blue, sometimes a Silver but not a "bright" silver, and sometimes a light pale grey according to the amount and type of light.

In very bright sunlight (something we have here in Florida a lot), I think it really "shines", so to speak.

I've seen all of the Sonata colors and in the right light they are all great, so I'm certain there isn't a bad choice among them.

Personal preference prevails, and my preference is this.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! That color is SO beautiful. I saw it on a GLS at the dealership on a sunny day, and I wanted to see it again.
It was very bright silver when I saw it, but I can definitely see the blue under the shade, and you prefer that lighting.
And it looks like you have a Limited with gray interior.

I've just ordered a Limited with Navigation in that color. But I'm getting a camel interior and I hope it will match with the exterior color.
Unfortunately, I have to wait 4 weeks for it to arrive and I wanted to see how it looks in different lighting.

Do you have any shots in different lights that show how the color changes?

·
Registered
73 Posts
QUOTE (shinigami @ Jun 29 2010, 10:54 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=337307
Thanks! That color is SO beautiful. I saw it on a GLS at the dealership on a sunny day, and I wanted to see it again.
It was very bright silver when I saw it, but I can definitely see the blue under the shade, and you prefer that lighting.
And it looks like you have a Limited with gray interior.

I've just ordered a Limited with Navigation in that color. But I'm getting a camel interior and I hope it will match with the exterior color.
Unfortunately, I have to wait 4 weeks for it to arrive and I wanted to see how it looks in different lighting.

Do you have any shots in different lights that show how the color changes?

Here are some pics of my irridescent silver blue pearl SE.....

Attachments

·
Registered
623 Posts

·
Registered
817 Posts
Nice pictures, Naich.

The first three represent the color the way I've seen it, somewhat like my images.

That last one shows a pale blue that I've not seen looking at mine "live".

Between your photos and mine, I think we've shown fairly well how the color can be different according to the lighting and the angle of view.

·
Registered
73 Posts
QUOTE (JohnWho @ Jun 30 2010, 09:07 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=337414
Nice pictures, Naich.

The first three represent the color the way I've seen it, somewhat like my images.

That last one shows a pale blue that I've not seen looking at mine "live".

Between your photos and mine, I think we've shown fairly well how the color can be different according to the lighting and the angle of view.
Yeah agreed. It definately shifts color based on the brightness of the sun and cloud cover. It isn't as dramatic as the mystic cobra which goes from green to purple and maroon. But it is pretty dramatic. Enough so that some people don't realize it is the same car. A guy in my development thought my wife and I had both gotten one, cuz he saw a blue one and a silver one parked outside lol.

·
Banned
630 Posts
****.....i thought I had THE color for the sonata (venetian red)

that is, until NAICH posts pix of his bootiful iridescent silver blue which just blows mine outta the water

I HATE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :devil:

·
Registered
817 Posts
QUOTE (NT2SHBBY @ Jul 1 2010, 09:06 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=337751
****.....i thought I had THE color for the sonata (venetian red)

that is, until NAICH posts pix of his bootiful iridescent silver blue which just blows mine outta the water

I HATE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :devil:
Oh, you didn't like my pictures, huh?

Well - :bwekk:

:grin:

·
Registered
125 Posts
that is a sweet color. I just want to see it in person before I decide on the color. Right now it's a toss up between Venetian Red, Pearl White and the Iridescent Pearl Blue... once I find a dealer with some color choices, I can make my decision.

steve

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
QUOTE (wreckmster @ Jul 1 2010, 08:54 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=337770
that is a sweet color. I just want to see it in person before I decide on the color. Right now it's a toss up between Venetian Red, Pearl White and the Iridescent Pearl Blue... once I find a dealer with some color choices, I can make my decision.

steve
If it really is a toss up, maybe you should call your body man and let him decide for you. :grin:

·
Registered
125 Posts
QUOTE (bobad @ Jul 1 2010, 10:21 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=337779
If it really is a toss up, maybe you should call your body man and let him decide for you. :grin:
It's funny you say that because my best friend is a painter and he already told me to stay away from the Pearl White. Says it's tough to match and you can see everywhere touch up paint is used. I sent my wife the pics of the Blue and she wants to see it in person. now to find one locally....

·
Registered
854 Posts
QUOTE (wreckmster @ Jul 1 2010, 10:45 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=337793
It's funny you say that because my best friend is a painter and he already told me to stay away from the Pearl White. Says it's tough to match and you can see everywhere touch up paint is used. I sent my wife the pics of the Blue and she wants to see it in person. now to find one locally....
I can vouch for that, pearl white colors are one of the hardest to match.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I originally wanted white pearl, but when I saw this one on the dealer's lot, I knew it was the right one.

I still really like the Sonata in silver blue iridescent, venetian red, harbor gray, and white pearl. They're all really sharp colors.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts