Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone used the Nanoskin Speedy Prep Sponge in place of clay bar?
They appear to be relatively new on the market. Claim to be better than clay and re-usable and faster.
I have full sized van I want to do and my Santa Fe. Cutting back on elbow grease would be great.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I got the sponge in today. Went out and did a section of the van which to my knowledge has never even seen wax. A very gritty feeling surface.
The sponge did an awesome job! Made it baby butt smooth in a fraction of the time that clay would take. I used the medium sponge on the old van. I will use the fine sponge on the SantaFe.
Good bye clay.
I recommend the Nanosponge.

·
Registered
268 Posts
I got the sponge in today. Went out and did a section of the van which to my knowledge has never even seen wax. A very gritty feeling surface.
The sponge did an awesome job! Made it baby butt smooth in a fraction of the time that clay would take. I used the medium sponge on the old van. I will use the fine sponge on the SantaFe.
Good bye clay.
I recommend the Nanosponge.
Good to know! (Since I ordered some a few days ago!) :D

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Used Meguires Quick Detailer spray
1 qt. spray bottle at WalMart $8.99
The stuff Nanoskin sells seemed a bit pricey.
And I have the hand sponge Nanoskins

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I just came in from using the sponge on my Sprinter van. I did one side and the hood in about 35 minutes. I have one spot I have to go over. The paint is really rough but is coming out slick.

I can't imagine how long this would have taken me with clay.

In about a month I will give the Santa Fe a going over. Should take me less than an hour as the paint surface is good.

·
Registered
808 Posts
Has anyone used the Nanoskin Speedy Prep Sponge in place of clay bar?
They appear to be relatively new on the market. Claim to be better than clay and re-usable and faster.
I have full sized van I want to do and my Santa Fe. Cutting back on elbow grease would be great.
Struggling with how this nanoskin works. With a clay bar contaminents are picked up and pulled into the clay so they do not scratch the paint as you pass the clay over the paint. Since contaminents are not pulled into the nanoskin surely they would scratch the paint???

1 - 10 of 10 Posts