Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Like the TYC brand? I have had the 4300k HID's installed well over a year now, and my car was originally a Fl. car and the lens are faded and pitted. I was wondering of the quality of the TYC brand and would I still get the cut-off line as the original.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
I haven't used their headlights, but I replaced both mirrors with TYC's. With the way auto manufacture is going these days, I wouldn't be surprised if TYC is one of Hyundai's suppliers. Their quality is about the same as the originals 'cept they're unpainted (basic black) but I like the two-tone look. I think the low beam cut off line is a Federal regulation.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I have replaced a few taillight and headlight assemblies on my kid's cars and had very good luck with the TYC brand. The fit and finish is very close to OEM at a much better price. I get mine from Rockauto, their prices are great.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Great, thanks!
tms0633 I order just about all my parts from RockAuto lol!
Dennis, I was not aware that the cut-off may be a fed reg., good to know.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Great, thanks!
tms0633 I order just about all my parts from RockAuto lol!
Dennis, I was not aware that the cut-off may be a fed reg., good to know.
The cutoff pattern is a manufacturer design, as long as there is a cutoff that meets DOT/ECE compliancy then it doesn't matter what the design of the cutoff is. The TYC could have a flat cutoff as they are not OEM or they could have the same pattern as OEM.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
^^Yup, cutoff is flat. Saw a couple of vids on youtube, ordered the drivers side and will order the passenger side in the middle of the month.
For those that want to see the vids, here thy are,
and

·
Registered
115 Posts
They don't really look flat to me, more like typical DOT cutoff but not the same of OEM cutoff which looks like a mix of DOT and ECE.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts