Hyundai Forums banner

Anyone use Rev9 coilovers?

2K views 14 replies 3 participants last post by  M25201 
#1 ·
I just bought a set of rev 9 coilovers and was wondering if anyone has tried them? How much of a drop should I be expecting?

#3 ·
"No Installation Instructions; Install By Experienced Professionals Recommended"

"No specifications on how much your vehicle will be lowered"

When I read advertisements like this, don't walk away, run away.

Suspension mods like this will definitely void your vehicle warranty and insurance, if you don't believe this, ask them.

Do get criticized by some people on this board for posts like this, but from people that are totally ignorant of the laws.

#7 ·
Not only warranty, but insurance companies do not like anybody modifying suspension. Prior to about 1972 could do anything to a vehicle you wanted to and liability had no deductible and was around 90 bucks a year.

USA only had to government agencies, FBI and CIA, that grew to over 1525 and only requirement to become head of an agency was to help the president get elected.

Working as a engineer, best job for your customer with competition, then your plant was loaded with government agents, bossy, most couldn't tell their hole from a hole in the ground. God was no longer blamed for accidents, somebody had to pay dearly for them.

And any mods you make to your vehicle, even changing a light bulb to a different type, frees the manufacturer of liability and places this on you.

Legal to manufacture and advertise this stuff, not to install it, go figure.

Another reason why vehicles are getting so expensive, liability
insurance.

#8 ·
Not only warranty, but insurance companies do not like anybody modifying suspension. Prior to about 1972 could do anything to a vehicle you wanted to and liability had no deductible and was around 90 bucks a year.

USA only had to government agencies, FBI and CIA, that grew to over 1525 and only requirement to become head of an agency was to help the president get elected.

Working as a engineer, best job for your customer with competition, then your plant was loaded with government agents, bossy, most couldn't tell their hole from a hole in the ground. God was no longer blamed for accidents, somebody had to pay dearly for them.

And any mods you make to your vehicle, even changing a light bulb to a different type, frees the manufacturer of liability and places this on you.

Legal to manufacture and advertise this stuff, not to install it, go figure.

Another reason why vehicles are getting so expensive, liability
insurance.
That is dumb. I'll just leave the suspension alone until my warranty ends in a few years. Or after I surpass 100K miles.

#9 ·
Lowering the Elantra? With over four inches of snow on the roads, the Elantra stays home.

Only has a little over four inches of ground clearance, snow piles up under it lifts the front wheels and they just spin.

For off street driveways to commercial buildings and stores, look twice or will scrape your bottom possibly knocking off your cat.

Could talk about pot holes in the roads, Ike increase the gas tax to 3 cents a gallon to build an entire interstate system knocking down thousands of buildings in cities.

Today paying 55 cents in gas tax, can't even repair a pothole.

#10 ·
If I get into an accident or a part fails.. which I highly do not believe will happen.. Hyundai has to prove the part became defective as a result of the modification. Example would probably be if the cat becomes clogged.. and I have a after market intake... They can say warranty is void... However something like suspension which has nothing to do with cats.. they can't deny.

#11 ·
Automotive manufacturer is not nearly the problem as insurance companies will do anything to avoid paying a claim in particular if their are human injuries.

Were major claims against automotive manufacturers for not locking AT shifting gears in park after the key was removed. Million dollar lawsuits, when vehicles rolled down driveways killing their own kids, stating they never used the parking brake plus didn't work in courts. Or driving with a low tire that goes flat from overheating, now have that practically worthless TPMS, still driving with the light on.

The way insurance companies work is to hire so called expert witnesses that look at all the components in a wrecked vehicle, and if one of your companies products are in there and they learned you have strong liability insurance, you will be summoned into court, and you are guilty of causing that accident until you prove yourself innocent.

If they find other than an OEM part, you the one that installed it whether it was the cause of the accident or not, anything to avoid a claim.

If you are talking about dealing with the vehicle manufacture only penalty for doing so, you voided your warranty.

Should know this, was an expert witness for my company for many years. When flying on company business, had to ride in the baggage compartment and stay in the cheapest motels. But when defending my company in a law suit that could be millions of dollars, was all first class.

Ha in dealing with expert witnesses had to your work history resume, mine only had two or three previous employers, experts could have at least 30 or so. First question was, can't you even keep a job for over two weeks?

#12 ·
Automotive manufacturer is not nearly the problem as insurance companies will do anything to avoid paying a claim in particular if their are human injuries.

Were major claims against automotive manufacturers for not locking AT shifting gears in park after the key was removed. Million dollar lawsuits, when vehicles rolled down driveways killing their own kids, stating they never used the parking brake plus didn't work in courts. Or driving with a low tire that goes flat from overheating, now have that practically worthless TPMS, still driving with the light on.

The way insurance companies work is to hire so called expert witnesses that look at all the components in a wrecked vehicle, and if one of your companies products are in there and they learned you have strong liability insurance, you will be summoned into court, and you are guilty of causing that accident until you prove yourself innocent.

If they find other than an OEM part, you the one that installed it whether it was the cause of the accident or not, anything to avoid a claim.

If you are talking about dealing with the vehicle manufacture only penalty for doing so, you voided your warranty.

Should know this, was an expert witness for my company for many years. When flying on company business, had to ride in the baggage compartment and stay in the cheapest motels. But when defending my company in a law suit that could be millions of dollars, was all first class.

Ha in dealing with expert witnesses had to your work history resume, mine only had two or three previous employers, experts could have at least 30 or so. First question was, can't you even keep a job for over two weeks?
I lowered the car.
All that you speak of is VERY situational. Sounds like your trying to scare me into not making modifications.
Have a great day!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.